– The CCC continues to be blessed with plenty of wonderful series sponsors. Please help us welcome the two most recent additions.
– Blue Competition Cycles – There was a need for a company that could design and build the same world class framesets that were capable of giving elite athlete a competitive advantage and offer those same, identical frames to the amateur athlete or serious enthusiast. That’s how Blue Competition Cycles got its start.
– Verdigris Custom Homes – “Old World Excellence, Modern Technology, Mindfully Green”
photo by Liz Farina Markel
– Well that was a lot of fun! xXx Racing put on another great event with the Relay CX race. There are too many to post here, but check out the pix and vids. Results are here. A quick video is here. A quick Google search finds even more.
– Online pre-reg is now open on BikeReg.com for all CCC races (except Carpentersville and Northbrook… they’ll be up soon). If you’d rather wait, bookmark this address for all CCC races on the calendar. While you’re pre-reg’ing, please consider making a donation to World Bicycle Relief. Last year the riders of the CCC donated over $3,400 to this worthy cause, but this year we’re challenging you to hit the $5,000 mark. Let’s see what you can do!
– Concerning call-ups at Jackson Park… they will have nothing to do with the order of pre-registration… but you must pre-reg to qualify. Got questions… well, you’ll just have to wait 3 weeks to find out!
– Don’t forget 2010 series t-shirt design submissions are due by Midnight Thursday September 9th (just make sure it says Chicago Cyclocross Cup somewhere in the design). Voting begins the next morning and ends the following week… just in time for Jackson Park. We’ve only received one design so far… so your chances are currently very good.
– We recently received a big ‘old box full of mellow, medium, and Uber Secret embrocation from our good friends and series sponsor Mad Alchemy. MAE creator and brewer Pete Smith wants us to be creative with awarding these goodies, so in the Category 4A races we’ll be introducing the Mad Alchemy “First Lap Hot Legs Sprints”… think criterium primes, but always on the first lap, and not at the finish line. We’ll announce sometime before the race (probably on the start line) where the sprint line will be, but you can expect it to probably be at the top of a run up, at the end of a sand-pit, or somewhere else fun and exciting. Don’t worry, we won’t make you stop and apply a layer… that is of course unless you’re into that sort of thing.
– Check out the upgrade the ICA webmaster recently made to www.IllinoisCycling.org… you can now find great pictures from last year’s series on the homepage. The webmaster also has a little picture project he needs help with. Check it out here or email him at [email protected] for details.
– And finally… Don’t forget about the CCC Kick Off Party on Saturday September 11 at 4pm at Iron Cycles (3136 West Montrose Ave. Chicago, Illinois 60618, 773-539-4766 ). We’ll get the shop to put up an event RSVP on their FaceBook page soon, but feel free to let us know if you’re going to attend.