– Thanks to Dr. Jim Kearns & the crew from Psimet Custom Wheels for yet another great race in Woodstock. We were so concerned with the hills we forgot how bumpy the course can be, and that there is sand out that way.
– Weekend update: Lots to talk about from the weekend, but we think the 74 comments on the Pix, Vids, & Race Reports post sums it all up rather nicely. We all show up and race each week for a reason… some do it for the competition, some for personal goals, some don’t even know why. Cross is hard, even painful at times… but its always fun in the end. In other news… #700 flew in from Albeqwerky and got a call up in the 4A’s for correctly identifying a song on the CCC race playlist. Yeah, you’re going to need some help with that. Here, let Tati show you how its done. Brian Lee & Dave Lombardo duked it out again in the 4A’s while Flannel Mike & Greg T had a stare-down contest before the 4B’s even started. Supergirl was flying, while Kirby’s bike went flying… and so did Scott’s. Sister Sprocket could be found doing what she does best and the first women ever won the Flying Pig Award. Janette is back and so is The Hemme! Luke lost a toof and… holy cow… Rich looks so pro!
– Up next the CCC’s 2nd double weekend at the Indian Lakes Resort (ILR) hosted by the South Chicago Wheelmen. The SCW have secured discounted hotel room rates of $79 per night for up to 4 people. For reservations call 630.529.0200 and for general info visit IndianLakesResort.com. We’ll have more in the Thursday preview, but just to whet your appetite (literally) ILR will have a breakfast buffet from 6:30 am to 11 am and an all-you-can-eat lunch/dinner buffet from 11 am til 6 pm, both for just $12.95 per person Saturday & Sunday. Remember online pre-reg closes a day early this week (at Midnight on Wednesday… that’s tomorrow night) so the SCW can get all the binders put together. Look for more details and course preview Thursday at the regular time (9am for those not paying attention).
– If you’re spending Saturday night at Indian Lakes and want to chat with the CCC directors about what’s on tap (no, not Fat Tire Ale) for next year… we’ll be hosting a very impromptu fireside chat (location TBD) to discuss ways to make the CCC series better and get ready for CX nationals in Madison in January 2012. We’d love to get your feedback/input, so please swing by and get involved.
– Speaking of save-the-dates… the CCC awards dinner will be held on Sunday, January 9th at EJ’s Place in Skokie. More details to come, but we look forward to seeing everyone at EJ’s to wrap up the season, and to chat about what’s to come in 2011!
– Don’t forget our friends at REKLAIM Apparel have the 2010 series t-shirts printed and will have all pre-orders available for pickup at all remaining races. Its easier on everyone to pre-order and pay online, but REKLAIM will also be selling t-shirts at races (where park rules allow). Shirts are only $15 and all proceeds go directly to World Bicycle Relief!
– Just a reminder to the Juniors and 50+ Masters. Since both of your groups start behind the ladies, please be courteous and let them know when you are about to pass with a simple “On your left/right”.
– Looks like some of you are already making travel plans for this year’s CX Nationals in Bend, OR.
– Series sponsor Rapid Transit Cycleshop is getting a website makover to compliment their new(ish) shop on Halsted near UIC’s campus. Check out the preview and the shop’s many bicycle maintenance classes (and monkeys on bikes).
– #532 gets even more Internet time on The Bonebell.com.