– Back for their 2nd year at this venue Steve Feehery, Mike Kelly, and the rest of the South Chicago Wheelmen host this weekend’s double race weekend at the Hilton Indian Lakes Golf Course and Resort. Besides a great course and loverly surroundings, some of the other amenities ILR offers include an indoor heated pool (bring your suit), an indoor locker room (change in the warmth and/or take a shower after your race), and a spa, including steam room and jacuzzi.
– As we mentioned on Tuesday, the SCW have secured discounted hotel room rates of $79 per night for up to 4 people. For reservations call 630.529.0200 and for general info visit IndianLakesResort.com. ILR will have a breakfast buffet from 6:30 am to 11 am and an all-you-can-eat lunch/dinner buffet from 11 am til 6 pm, both for just $12.95 per person Saturday & Sunday.
– The other CCC (Chicago Cuttin’ Crew) will continue where they left off last year and host the Cave Catastrophe Continued Party in the ILR Cave bar (in the middle of the hotel… you can’t miss it). The party starts Friday night and (for those who can hang) will continue Saturday night. New Belgium Brewery will also be at the race again selling $3 pints of Fat Tire Ale.
– Being a double weekend you might want to make sure you save some for Sunday since the SCW have put up a $8,100 prize list over the two days, which is substantially more than the CCC minimum payout schedule. Several categories payout deeper than the standard 5 places… so make sure you pick up your winnings! Also, for those that didn’t notice… the field limits for Cat 4 races were raised to 100 riders.
– West Town Bikes (and various other friends) will be at ILR Saturday AND Sunday to promote, support, and sponsor juniors and new racers. WTB will have loaner equipment including bikes, helmets, etc. The goal is to make the ILR weekend accessible to as many new racers, adults and juniors, as possible regardless of financial status and are open to all.
– REKLAIM Apparel will again have the 2010 CCC series t-shirts for pick up (if you pre-ordered) and for sale (if you didn’t).
– A chance of rain is in the current forecast, but there is plenty of room inside the resort for everyone… and many of you keep asking for mud anyway.
The Course: Registration will again be just inside the door next to the pro-shop where outside we’ll have a bike rack (hint: use that instead of the golf bag racks or laying your bike on the ground). The wheel/bike pit will be double sided and staffed by SRAM Neutral support all weekend long… and not far away from the Finish line. The SCW are bringing back many of last year’s features, including the main hill, sand traps, and more than a few fairways. Bacon Alley may change location from last year… but we’re sure it will pop up somewhere. Just like last year, the course will not go across any putting greens, and ILR asks that we stay off them. The course will go anti-clockwise on Saturday and then reverse and go clockwise on Sunday… however, you’ll put your numbers on your left both days. Sunday‘s course will also include a short extension on the Northwest edge of the course shortly after the start… bring your sand wedge! As always, the map below is an approximation and the actual course will likely be slightly different depending on weather & conditions.