Tuesday CCC Updates
– Double thanks again to the South Chicago Wheelman for a great duo weekend at the Indian Lakes Resort. What a difference 24 hours can make. From upper 50’s and rain on Saturday to lower 40’s and wind and sun (and more wind) on Sunday… a true cyclocross weekend.
– Up next the penultimate race of the CCC series, the Northbrook Swansong hosted by the Northbrook Garner Bicycle Club and Flatlandia. Lots of details to come, so check back at 9am on Thursday for the course preview.
Weekend Update: Congratulations to Chris Lombardo from Verdigris who has earned enough points to lock up the overall in the Masters 40+ category. Chris must have been so happy he gifted the win on Sunday to his teammate Erik Enyedy (who had a great ride regardless). The Hemme is back (!) and hit the podium on Saturday while Brian Conant won on Saturday and was 2nd on Sunday, adding to his lead in the Cat 1/2/3 overall. We wonder what the juniors think about the 1/2/3 race? In the ladies races, Sam Schneider from Team Tibco swept both days in the W1/2/3, while Eleanor Blick from Johnny Sprockets and Christina Peck from the Cuttin’ Crew battled out wins in the Women Cat 4 races. Danny Warner from Verdigris swept both Masters 50+ races (and brought his kids along for the ride on Sunday) as did John Kurtz from Flatlandia in the Cat 3’s. Meanwhile Lou Kuhn from The Pony Shop and John Gatto from Twin Six battled it out in the 30+. The Juniors were exciting all weekend long as the
mob squad Team Expo swept the podium on Sunday. But as we all know, the real action (see above) is always in the Cat 4’s. The Bike Crusher did his job, Tati won some MAE, while Magnum PI was wondering why he left Hawaii. Still not sure what to make of this, this, this, this, or this… but we’re pretty sure Quarter Acre could tell us. Yes, there is a person in there. Sister Sprocket got sneaky (so did Thom the elder), and original CCC series director Joe Doyle helped out a little. Megaphone wars, Musettes were handed out, beverages were wasted, and Bacon Alley reared its ugly head again. Brian Lee had his game face on (again), Supergirl and Rob Curtis… well… nevermind, 1/4 Acre and Noah duked it out in the 4B’s, and Natalie got a treat! And lastly, a special shout-out to Mike Young, West Town Bikes, and Ciclo Urbano for coming out, racing, cheering, and finding out how great cyclocross can be.
– Thought You Knew will be at Northbrook to cheer on everyone, especially their pin-up girls. But if you want to get a head start, on Nov 19, 6–10pm the Pin Up Calendar Gala Launch Party takes place at the COOP, 845 West Fulton Market. Free admission. Calendars on sale for $20, 100% sales go to The Chicago Women’s Health Center. Then on Nov 20 at noon TyK hosts their Sadie Hawkins Style Ride starting at the Blue Frog, 676 N LaSalle. $20 per Couple. The Sadie is a treasure-hunt bicycle ride benefiting the Chicago Women’s Health Center. Information and pre-registration at chicagosadiehawkins.info.
– Update on 2010 CX Nationals, concerning tire widths, registration discounts, and more.
– Registration for Half Acre & the Cuttin’ Crew’s Afterglow race is now open on BikeReg.com.
– REKLAIM has the 2010 CCC series t-shirts. Make sure to pick up yours at Northbrook or Montrose. As a reminder, all proceeds go directly to WBR.
– Our friendly USAC officials have asked us once again to remind you how to correctly pin and place your number. Doing so will help them immensely when scoring your race.
– And finally… We’ve asked and asked but some of you still don’t seem to understand that when pre-riding the course you may NOT ride in front of others still racing. This seems to be happening the most as the Women 4 and Juniors are finishing up. When we open the course up for pre-riding after the first racer has finished that means the last racers are still on course. Just because they aren’t winning doesn’t mean they are not working just as hard for their placing. So please, when checking out the course, please enter the course from the designated area (usually just past the finish line) and if you catch someone still racing… DO NOT ride in front of them. Thanks!