– A final thanks to Chuck Judy, Chris Mailing, and everyone at Turin Bicycle for hosting the 12th and final race of the CCC and yet another great Illinois State Cyclocross Championship at Montrose Harbor. Temps were freezing for most of the day, and the snow, ice, and sand made for a challenging course, but we still had the largest CCC race ever with 565 starters. We had several riders make it to the podium for the first time and it was great to see such sportsmanship and camaraderie before, during, and after each race. Even the down-staters had a good time. Thanks also to Todd Busteed for sharing the mic and calling out all the action.
– Congratulations to the 11 Illinois State Cyclocross Champions that were
crowned jerseyed on Sunday. The competition was fierce and we had many races that were completely undecided until riders came around the last turn on the final lap… which always makes for exciting racing. Thanks for keeping all of us on our toes until the very end!
– Congratulations also to the 13 Chicago Cross Cup Overall Winners. Eight of those categories were undecided going into the final race and made for even more dramatic racing. Awards, prizes, and general showering of admiration will be presented at the CCC Awards Dinner on Sunday January 9th at EJ’s Place in Skokie. Great food, better friends, and even door prizes will greet everyone who attends.
– Weekend Update: The weekend update is taking a bit of a break this week as there are more than enough comments here to describe what happened this past Sunday. However, for those that weren’t there and are too lazy to read all the comments this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and who can forget this, this, and this (?) pretty much sums up the what went on at Montrose… oh yeah, and there was a bike race in there somewhere too.
– Speaking of all things CCC, if you want a 2010 CCC series t-shirt you’ve got less than 48 hours. REKLAIM apparel will be shutting down the printing presses at midnight tomorrow night (Wednesday) and won’t be making any more. Thanks to everyone who has already bought a shirt… all proceeds go directly to our year end World Bicycle Relief donation. We’ve already hit our goal of $5,000 but we’re still tallying up the t-shirt sales. Thank you again to everyone who has donated and/or purchase a t-shirt!
– Good luck to anyone and everyone heading out to Bend, OR for CX Nationals this week/end. If you still haven’t had your fill of CX after that, come hang out with Half Acre and the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew at the Afterglow on Saturday December 18th in Humboldt Park. And if that isn’t enough for you… there is a Benefit After Party for West Town Bikes (details here, please RSVP). And if metal/rock songs sung in Spanish is more your thing, Newt Cole and Los Borrachos are playing later that evening at the Elbo Room (no RSVP necessary!).
– And finally… a special shout out and congratulations to Mike Young for being awarded this year’s 3rd Annual Official Illinois State Cyclocross Awesomeness Champion presented by Half Acre Cycling and HRS/Rock Lobster. Mike won the award for not only supporting riders within the CCC, but more importantly for his work with West Town Bikes. Mike joins a veritable pantheon of CX awesomeness including the first winners, the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew, and last year’s winner Super Girl. Congratulations Mike, and thanks for being awesome! If you’d like to help Mike in his work at WTB please donate here.