Did you miss us? Its been a while since our last post (137 days to be exact) but the Chicago Cyclocross Cup is officially back and getting ready for the 2011 season. We’ve got a few ideas to improve the series again this year, but as in years past we can only put up the canvas… we rely on you the racers, spectators, hecklers, and supporters to paint the picture and make the CCC truly great. Look for more detailed updates over the next few weeks as we approach September. But in the meantime below are just a few reminders:
- Schedule – The tentative schedule is up on the schedule page. Remember these dates and locations may change. Official race announcements and flyers are forthcoming. Online registration through BikeReg should be available (at least for a few races) sometime in early August.
- NYR – The CCC is hosting the UCI New Years Resolution (NYR) race on New Years Eve AND New Years Day this season at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort (ILR) as a lead in to CX Nationals in Madison, WI (the following week). See our post below or visit the new NYR page of the site here. Discounted rooms at ILR are available to be booked now (call or click) using the group code CYC.
- Updates – The CCC does NOT send out an email newsletter. The best way to stay up-to-date with all things CCC is to add our site to your favorite RSS reader. You can see our Twitter feed over there on the right (–>) but if you’re going mobile, download the free Twitter app. Sorry, no Facebook.
- Involvement – Do you want to do more than just race and/or heckle in the CCC? We’re always looking for volunteers throughout the season to help with all kinds of projects and little odds and ends. Everything from helping set up at each race to designing logos to baking cupcakes and churros to making coffee and donut runs. Drop us a line at ChicagoCrossCup@gmail.com if you’d like to be involved during the 2011 season.
- Sponsorship – The CCC doesn’t run on Twinkies and bacon alone. Series and NYR sponsorship information will be available next week. We’re already had several 2010 sponsors sign on again for 2011 but would love to make additions to the CCC family.
We here at the CCC are really excited to host another great season of CX and can’t wait to see you all out there playing in the dirt and grass, having a great time, and doing the amazing, crazy, nutty stuff you do. As always, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, gripes, praise, embro flavor ideas, etc… send them our way at ChicagoCrossCup@gmail.com.