– Lots of series sponsors from last year keeping finding their way back into the dirt and grass while a bunch of new friends are joining the CCC family. We’d be remiss if we didn’t mention all of the 2010 sponsors who graciously came back for more. Sheila Moon, CarboRocket, Mad Alchemy, Main Street Bicycles, Mox Multisport, The Pony Shop, Van Wagner, Verdigris Custom Homes, Spin Doctor Cyclewerks, BikeReg.com, and Tipping Point Photography are all back again. New for 2011 the CCC welcomes:
Alchemy Bicycle Co. – Last year somewhere in the depths of Texas word started to spread from town to town that Chicago was the place to race (and heckle) CX. The message eventually reached Austin and the good folks at Alchemy Bicycle Co. knew they had to be involved. From Carbon to Titanium to Steel each of Alchemy’s frames is handmade in Austin, TX by their team of craftsmen dedicated to building perfectly fit performance bicycles. Check them out at AlchemyBicycles.com
Well-Fit Triathlon and Training – Located in the Western Loop, Well-Fit’s mission is to be the “premier coaching company creating world champions and everyday heroes.” Come to think of it, the CCC views its riders in much the same light from the fastest Cat 1 to the last finisher in the 4B’s. Well-Fit is lucky to have CCC regulars Ted Ramos and Russ Kuryk as coaches at the facility, which may be a perfect place to hit the trainer in the depths of winter… or right before the New Year’s Resolution races.
– We’ve always got room for one more, but if you’d like to be a 2011 series sponsor please hurry as we need to order up t-shirts soon and we want all sponsor logos to be represented. 2011 series sponsorship info is here. Sponsorship info for our New Year’s Resolution race is here. If you’d like to be involved in any way please email us at [email protected].
– Speaking of t-shirts, we only received two entries in the 2011 CCC t-shirt design competition. You all must be out racing and riding your bikes or something. Maybe your dogs ate your homework? In any event, in order to have a deeper pool of t-shirt designs we’re pushing back the deadline 2 weeks to midnight on Sunday September 4th. This means we won’t have the CCC socks until after the start of the season, but you won’t need 18″ wool SockGuys until at least the end of October anyway.
– Last week we told you about Cyclo-Cross Sitters who will watch your little ones… but what to do if you want to get your kid(s) racing? Paul Swinand is back again can help with his Friday evening kids cross training Beginning Cycling Training at the Northbrook Velodrome starting the 2nd week in September.
– Last week we also mentioned inviting food trucks to races. Well, wouldn’t you know it 694 Wine and Spirits made it really easy for you. Stop by the Food Truck A Go-Go every Saturday in August and September and invite your favorite truck. Coincidentally coinciding with the start of CX season? We think not! Don’t forget the schedule.
– Online pre-reg on BikeReg.com is available for about half the series here. Though not part of the CCC series, reg for Patriot CX and the xXx Relay CX race are also open. The Co-Ed race is full (xXx will run a waitlist on race day) but there are plenty of spots in the other categories.
– And finally… we know many of you have been getting your CX rides ready for the season. We’d love to see what they look! Please post links to glamour shots of your bike(s) in the comments below or Tweet a picture and include our @ChiCrossCup tag so we can retweet!