– This Sunday is the 2nd incarnation of xXx Racing’s CX Relay race. Pre-reg closed last night but there are still spots open in all categories except the Co-Ed Open (last race of the day, which will also have a wait list). Day-Of reg incurs a $15 late fee… so bring your cash dollars. See your competition here.
– Also, be sure to read the tech guide for all the specific rules that apply to this unique event. We know of a few of you are still looking for buddies to high five, so if you need a partner, email us or leave your request in the comments below.
– Remember the parking lot at Jackson Park is metered, but only costs about $10 for all day. We don’t want anyone getting a ticket, so you’ve been warned. If the lot right next to the course fills up, there is parking to the west of the course on Hayes Drive. However, the lot south of Hayes Drive south of the main parking lot is off limits.
– Please note that the Chicago Triathlon will be taking place along the Lakefront Path on Sunday morning. xXx and the CCC urge all CX’ers riding down to Jackson Park for the race to exercise due caution and courtesy when traveling along that route. If traveling by car, you should probably try another route besides LSD.
– The CCC is trying to be green… take a look under the floor mats of your car, dig into to seat cushins and bring your own safety pins to properly attach your bib number. But how will you remember to bring pins each week? We suggest visiting one of your favorite local bike shops and purchasing a patch kit… we like the Genuine Innovations large patch kit in the green plastic boxes. Whether you use the patches is up to you, but we like to put a handful of safety pins in the plastic container and always keep it in our race bag. Mother earth thanks you!
– The weather looks delightful for Sunday, and almost CX list. Bring your arm warmers for after the race.
– Podiums will be awarded immediately after the conclusion of each race and before the start of the next race. So if you finish in the top three head straight to the podiums (look for the CCC flags) after your race so we can stay on schedule.
– Before we start racing… let’s review a few rules of engagement. Yes, we’re all racing, yes many of us are aggressive, yes you will fall down, yes the officials might not get your placing correct, and yes tempers might flair here and there… but remember first and foremost we’re all out there to have some fun and enjoy each other’s company. So please smile, have a lot of fun, and enjoy this precious time we have together. Oh, and don’t forget the high fives and handups… even if you’re not racing.
– The CX relay course will be similar to last year with a few new twists and turns, but more importantly it will be slightly shorter to allow everyone to race more laps. Check xXxRacing.org for more info.