– Thanks to everyone who came out and raced, heckled, etc at xXx Racing‘s CX Relay Race on Sunday. This “race” is quickly becoming not only a great way to start off the season on the right foot (literally… the lemans start makes sure of it) but a great way to make new friends, catch up with old ones, and get new people interested in the sport (even if they’re not sure what a hand-up really is or why in the world we would want to take one). Thanks to xXx Racing, all their sponsors, the officials, and of course the racers for making it all happen. Photos and videos are here.
– Up next on the racing front, Wild Card Racing brings CX to Rantoul, IL on 9/11/11 with their new race Patriot CX. Please pre-reg as soon as you can as the promoter needs to get a good handle on how many racers to expect. If pre-reg is too light they may be forced to cancel the event.
– Ladies, don’t forget about Half Acre‘s Womens’ & Trans Cyclocross Clinic taking place on 9/10 in Humboldt Park.
– Voting for the 2011 CCC series t-shirt design has begun here (or just see below). Please pay attention to the rules, but by all means vote for your favorite design.
– We only received one sock design for the CCC SockGuy socks. We’ll reveal what they look like shortly (after we decide on the cuff height and color) and the winner will be introduced at Jackson Park where s/he will receive a call up.
– Our CX buds just North of the Cheddar Curtain are hosting the MidWest CX Regional Championships on 12/10/11-12/11/11 on the same course that will be used for the CX National Championships just one month afterwards (in January). Find details and more at BadgerCross.com. Registration was quietly opened last week here. Saturday’s start order is based on the order of registration and Sunday’s start order is based on Saturday’s results.
– And finally… then there’s this. Yeah, we’re speechless too.