Photo: Tipping Point
– Thanks to Rob Kelley and all the folks at Bicycle Heaven for hosting another great Campton Cross. The weather might have turned
slightly ugly perfect for CX racing late in the day, and last minute softball games caused major course modifications, but we all adapted and had a great time. Rob Kelley tells us the Pink Panther won the best costume contest.
– Up next the CCC travels NorthWest to Woodstock
for the rebranded “Psi-clocross For Life
” race. Dr. Kearns has handed over the reigns to Psimet
this year so expect the very best from Rob Curtis and crew. Look for the course preview at the usual time on Thursday.
– Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock or buried in a coffin, you hopefully heard that reg is open for the CCC New Year’s Resolution
. All the juicy details (including a tech guide full of more information than most roadies can comprehend) are over on the NYR page
– Note the women’s races are UCI and Cat 3/4. If you are a Cat 2 woman you will either need a UCI license or race Masters or Cat 2/3.
– We could still use a few extra volunteers
for course set up, marshaling, etc… so if you (or a spouse, significant other, teammate, etc) can help out for at least a 4 hour shift and you’d like to race for a deeply discount rate
please contact us at [email protected]
– If you’d like to be involved with host housing
for out of state pro’s (and non-pro’s alike) please get in touch with Nikki Cyp
– Just a friendly reminder to everyone racing in combine categories… We know it is not the most ideal situation for everyone, but we have this terribly horrible problem where too many people want to race CX and there’s not enough day light in the sky to let you all race in your own time slots. Please remember we’re all out there to have fun and there’s no reason to get all upity upity. And we’re pretty sure there’s plenty of room in the Women and Cat 1/2/3’s… so please respect you fellow competitors and enjoy the racing.
– And finally… mark your calendars… Los Borrachos
are playing Saturday November 26th a Feliz Navidad Especial Extravaganza at Martyrs