– From what we heard and saw it sounds like many a CCC’er had a great time at Jingle Cross Rock. A little mud, rain, and cold weather isn’t enough to scare away midwestern CX’ers and many CCC’ers earned excellent podium finishes. Congrats to you all!
– Although anyone can race, just a reminder of the three IL State CX Champ qualifications required to win the jersey. You must be an Illinois State Resident (we’ll check drivers licenses… or your parents), you must be a US Citizen, and you must have a valid, unsuspended 2011 annual USAC license.
– Speaking of licenses, you can start renewing your annual USAC licenses this Thursday 12/1/2011 on USACycling.org. UCI license holders you should know what to do too. If you do so your license will be good until the end of next year… 12/31/2012. You’ll need a 2012 license in order to race on the 2nd day of the New Year’s Resolution, CX Nationals in Madison, and CX Masters World Championships in Louisville.
– Similar to last year (but this year for all starters) staging at Montrose will incorporate CrossResults.com points for those riders (especially from downstate) without CCC series points. Riders who do NOT have CCC series points in a category but better (lower) CrossResults.com points will be staged ahead of riders WITH CCC series points in that category and worse (high) CrossResults.com points. More details in Thursday’s course preview.
– Tickets are now on sale for the CCC End of Season Awards Party on Sunday December 18th at EJ’s Place in Skokie. Please pre-reg so the kitchen at EJ’s can plan accordingly. Have we mentioned the bar will be open all afternoon.
– What to do after the party? Our friends to the North are hosting Badger Cross on 12/10 and 12/11 near Madison and then closer to Chicago the Afterglow is hosted by Robots Powered by Love and the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew on Saturday 12/17 in Humboldt Park.
– The CCC’s New Year’s Resolution takes place on 12/31 AND 1/1 at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort. Reg is open here. There are a very limited number of discounted rooms still available at the Indian Lakes Resort on New Year’s Eve. Call or click today and use the Group Code (not the promo code) “CYC“. One of the ILR’s sister hotels (Holiday Inn Elk Grove, 10-15 minutes away) has also opened up rooms for $79 per night (including NYE) and will transport guests to and from ILR. There’s also an indoor pool and a lively bar.
– Any finally… the auction for SRAM’s pART PROJECT benefiting World Bicycle Relief closes tomorrow, Wednesday 11/30. Bid on the art on eBay here or better yet… attend the gala pART PROJECT exhibition and auction at Chicago’s Gallery 1028. All proceeds go directly to WBR.