Tuesday CCC Updates
– Quite a few hearty CCC’ers headed North over the weekend to race Badger Cross and preview the CX Nationals course. Opinions differed, but in the end we think everyone agreed the course will be challenging AND its great to have it in our backyard. The Bonebell has a great turn by turn by turn review and our IL State Champion weighs in on the SRAM Factory CX blog, and Enzo weighs in here. More than a few CCC’ers produced some great results at Sunday’s MidWest Regional Championship including several podiums. Congratulations to everyone who raced… especially in Saturday’s extremely frigid temperatures.
– Up next, racing returns to Chicago when Robots Powered by Love and the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew host Afterglow – a Cyclocross Race in Humboldt Park. Check back on Thursday at the regular time for the course preview, but in the mean time RpbL and the (other) CCC have a few updates that can’t wait:
– The Fatbike category has now been changed to Fatbike Etc, and will be allowing among other things tandems! Registration fee is per-bike, but both riders need to fill out the USAC forms and require a one-day or annual USAC license to compete. Same-day fees apply!
– Afterglow Afterparty fundraiser for West Town Bikes CX will be at Division Street Bar and Grill (2525 W Division Street) who has kindly donated gift cards for the winners of most of the races! Due to some sensitivity surrounding the sponsor, the fundraiser is 21+. Perfect place for a post-race meal and getting jolly. In addition, you can give a few bucks for the cause when you register or at the race!
– The weather looks great for the weekend (unfortunately) so everyone is encouraged who is able to ride to the course.
– If you can still stand after the Afterglow and Afterglow Afterparty join the CCC as we attempt to close out the season at the 2011 CCC Awards Party at EJ’s Place in Skokie. The bar will be open at noon, tickets are cheap (but please sign up ahead of time) and at this point nearly everyone is guaranteed a door prize thanks to our great Series Sponsors. We hope you’ll join us!
– But the racing isn’t over yet. Chicagoland CX racing officially ends two weeks later at the CCC’s New Year’s Resolution. After a little reconnaissance on the Badger Cross course we have tweaked the NYR course ever so slightly… less technical than a lot of CCC races w/ more power sections… to be a great warmup for CX Nationals the next week. Jeremy Powers, Ryan Trebon, Chris Jones, Barry Wicks, Justin Lindine, Dylan McNicholas, and several other pros will be in town contesting for UCI points. Discounted hotel rooms at the Indian Lakes Resort are sold out but ILR’s sister hotel has plenty of inexpensive rooms. See the NYR site for more info.
– The CCC still needs a few empty beds to help out-of-town racers with Host Housing at NYR. If you have extra room and would like to make one or more new CX friends (and let’s be honest, who doesn’t want more CX friends), please let our host housing coordinator and all around awesome lady Nikki Cyp know.
– For those of you racing at NYR and CX Nationals, you will need to renew your annual USAC license now on USACycling.org. UCI licenses too! Licenses renewed from here on out are valid from now until the end of next year… 12/31/2012. You’ll need a 2012 license in order to race on the 2nd day of the New Year’s Resolution, CX Nationals in Madison, and CX Masters World Championships in Louisville.
– And finally… In Chicagoland’s own private CX Clash… Mike “Supergirl” Kelly and Jeff “Rooster” Perkins will go head to head in Rumble in the Humboldt during the Afterglow Cat 4 race in a battle for possession of the Cuttin’ Crew’s mascot Sweet Justice! You DO NOT want to miss this event!