– After last year’s sub-freezing temperatures and several inches of ice and snow the weather forecast for this weekend looks absolutely delightful. If you can, please ride to the course, but definitely bring an extra set of warm and dry clothes (you know, for the party afterwards).
– Online pre-reg has been pushed back and closes tomorrow (Friday) at 11am. Day of registration and number pickup opens at 9am inside the fieldhouse. DO NOT bring your bicycles inside (sorry, Chicago Parks rules). There will be a bicycle hangbar on the veranda. Please be courteous to other park users inside the fieldhouse and wipe your shoes.
– Please also DO NOT park in the fieldhouse lot, which is reserved for race staff and officials. There’s plenty of parking on Luis Munoz drive in the park, just on the outside of the course.
– The Fatbike category has been changed to Fatbike Etc, and will be allowing fatbikes, tandems, cargobikes, etc! Registration fee is per-bike, but both riders need to fill out USAC release forms and require a one-day or annual USAC license to compete. Same-day fees apply!
– Just like the wild, wild west of yesteryear in the CCC there will be No call-ups or staging. As with all CCC races, bib numbers will go on your LEFT side. Please bring your own safety pins!
– There will of course be an equipment pit but no neutral support. Wheels/bikes in, wheels/bikes out.
– Remember, this is Chicago Park property and there is a no alcohol policy on park grounds.
– Don’t forget the greatest grudge match of all time! Forget Armstrong vs Basso. Supergirl vs Perkins is the biggest knock-down, drag-out fight you can imagine. See details here.
– Afterglow Afterparty fundraiser for West Town Bikes CX will be at Division Street Bar and Grill (2525 W Division Street) who has kindly donated gift cards for the winners of most of the races! Due to some sensitivity surrounding the sponsor, the fundraiser is 21+. Perfect place for a post-race meal and getting jolly. In addition, you can give a few bucks for the cause when you register or at the race! DSB&G is opening early for us so come over and grab a bite and a beer! New Belgium Brewing is sponsoring this fundraiser for West Town Bikes!
– The Course: Counter-clockwise. A great mix of grass, mulch, sand, bog, sand, hills, and more grass. See the map here.