– The Afterglow lived up to its name yet again and was a great (if not extremely muddy and sandy) time had by all. Thanks to Robots powered/by Love and the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew for hosting the event. Also congratulations to Jeff “Rooster” Perkins for bringing ‘Sweet Justice’ back to his rightful home.
– For the first Sunday in months there was no CX racing to be had, so the CCC hosted a party for 60 people at EJ’s Place in Skokie to award the CCC Overall Series Winners their coveted cowbells and a whole bunch of schwag to everyone else. Thanks to everyone who shared the afternoon with us, and if you missed it, you’ll have to wait until the end of next season to be there again!
– CX Racing picks back up today at the first ever Highland Park High School Training CX Rumble. This event is for high school students ONLY and a way for the Illinois Scholastic Cycling Association to introduce cycling and more specifically cyclocross racing, to the youth of Illinois. If you can make it out to HPH to watch or help, please do so and get in touch w/ the race director through the BikeReg page.
– We’ll take this coming weekend off to spend some much needed time w/ family & friends and open lots of presents… but the last CX race of the Chicagoland area and definitely the last race (and UCI race too) of the season before CX National Championships will be the New Year’s Resolution at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale, IL. All the details you need to know are over on the NYR page and/or on BikeReg including the course map and a delicious tech guide. Please, please, please make sure to renew your USAC license BEFORE the race. We’ll have more info next week and then our normal course preview next Thursday at 9am.
– USAC Cyclocross Nationals in Madison needs a few volunteers for all dates Jan. 4-8th. Anyone interested in helping should contact Butch at: [email protected].
– The Friday of CX Nationals Machinery Row Bicycles is hosting Veldrijden Nacht at Machinery Row Bicycles. Meet the stars of American cyclocross racing including Jonathan Page, Katie Compton, and Ryan Trebon. The party is from 6PM to 10PM w/ free food and drinks provided by Great Dane and Sardine restaurant!
– And finally… This evening the CCC will make its annual donation to World Bicycle Relief from all of your donations throughout the series. During the 2011 season we raised $715.25 and thanks to a generous anonymous donor who is matching dollar for dollar until the end of the year the CCC’s net contribution will equal $1,430.50… enough for nearly 11 bikes! Check out WBR’s holiday and thank you video to everyone who has volunteered and donated to such a worthy cause. Thank you all!