– We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and Santa treated you to carbon tubulars, heated gloves, disc brakes, delicious beers, and IOU’s for new RED grouppos. We also hope you had a chance to watch and cheer for our American compatriots who are away from their families and racing in Europe.
– Racing returns to Chicagoland this coming weekend at the CCC’s UCI C2 New Year’s Resolution at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale, IL. Full details including an updated tech guide and course map are over on the NYR page and/or on BikeReg.
– Big news for the ladies… we have added a Women Cat 2/3 race in the afternoon (starting immediately before the Single Speed category) specifically for those Cat 2 Women how cannot or do not wish to procure a UCI license. Riders must still possess a valid USAC license.
– Speaking of licenses… please, please, please, please, please make sure to renew your USAC license BEFORE NYR. You must have a valid 2012 license to race on the 2nd day of the event (1/1/12).
– The Hilton Indian Lakes Resort has opened up more discounted rooms (4 people to a room) on New Year’s Eve for $159. Shoulder dates are still $79 . These room are mere steps from the course and even closer to ‘The Cave’.
– Speaking of The Cave, the CCC would like to formally invite you all to a casual NYE party and meet & greet with several of the pros racing at NYR on New Year’s Eve (Saturday) evening at The Cave. Grab some food, enjoy a drink, and schmooze with racers as we welcome in 2012 in the best way we know how… a party at a CX race!
– Online pre-reg closes for BOTH DAYS of the event this coming Wednesday 12/28 at Midnight Central (1am Eastern) on BikeReg.com so save a few cash dollars and pre-register now. Check back on Thursday at 9am for our normal course preview.
– CCC merchandise (embro, socks, & coffee mugs) will be on sale at NYR at the registration desks. If you still haven’t picked up your pre-ordered CCC merchandise from during the season we will have it at NYR for you too. If you can’t make it out to the races, please contact us if you’d like to have your schwag shipped to you or delivered locally (in Chicago).
– And finally… our friends to the North are hosting more than just CX Nationals next weekend. Find all kinds of events here.