– For the 5th year in a row the Carpenter’s Park race, hosted by Main St. Bicycles (owned by CCC director and all-rounder Jeff Provisor) & North Branch Cycling, will be held along side the Carpentersville Oktoberfest as stop #5 of the CCC. The festival will once again have a beer garden (which will of course be located right next to the course). Great food vendors, live music, raffles, kid rides (inflatables), a petting zoo, face painters, and much, much more. Note that Main Street Bicycles and North Branch Cycling have been hosting this race for 8 years – since 2005!
– Remember the previous day the CCC is just up the road in Wauconda at Psycho Cross. See the preview for Saturday’s race here. Online pre-reg on BikeReg.com is already closed for Psycho CX but closes tonight (Thursday) at midnight for Carpentersville.
– Registration should be in the NorthEast corner of the park not far away from the Staging/Start/Finish area. Masters 50+ pre-reg is still a little lite so we have opened up a few more Single Speed spots.
– The weather forecast looks fantastic, again.
– Jeff and the village of Carpentersville have asked that we please keep the beer drinking in the beer garden. It always seems there are a few people out there that can’t find access to the Interwebs, so if you see someone with a can or two of High Life on the other side of the course, please ask them to be respectful of the park, other spectators, and racers. Bacon and Twinkies are allowed and in fact encouraged to roam freely.
– Overflow parking will be East of the park – in the school lots off of Spring St (to the South), and at Cross Container off of Maple (to the North).
– The beer garden (did we mention there is beer) will be located on the NE side of the course. There will be many tasty food options as well… oh if only Kenny’s famous Chubby Spud could be in attendance.
– $2.00 I.D. wrist band fee to purchase adult beverages in the Beer Garden, proceeds go to the FISH Food Pantry.
– Bring a canned food item for the local food pantry, and the $2.00 I.D. wrist band fee to purchase adult beverages in the Beer Garden will be waived.
– For all you kids who aren’t yet old enough to race in the 10-14 category, Activator Biycle Club returns to host another Free Kiddie Ride held just after 1:30pm. Just bring your bike and a helmet! Also for the kiddies, a huge inflatable jumpy thing to keep ’em busy & happy for .50 cents a ride.
– Carpentersville Rotary is hosting a Futterung (feeding) at a spot near the beer garden, so look for your treat coupons “fished” out to you during the race to redeem for a tastie treat at the Rotary booth. Now more categories will enjoy the thrill of a “hand out” with out breaking any rules.
– Todd Bustead is back on the mic, adding his flair and excitement for the sport to the cross commentary.
– Womens 1/2/3 payouts will be scaled just the same as the Cat 1/2/3 race based on pre reg entries. Junior and Cat 4B categories will have prizes as well, so don’t forget to collect!
– The Course: This year’s course will be similar to last year with such class Carpentersville features as creek crossings,
one of the CCC’s longer sand pits, and a little nub of a hill which is always great for spectating and taking photos. No sand pit this year as the village keeps mulching it so the sand does not suck anymore. Bigger and better for 2012 the course will again shoot riders through dirt rollers (pump/rhythm section). Take notes from Sven Nys here (0:11).