– Please pay attention when you are racing and entering the park in your car. There are 4 (four) road crossings on the course and while there will be course marshals at each crossing, please look both ways before crossing. Better safe than sorry.
– Speaking of cars, no parking on the grass – anywhere. There is plenty of parking available throughout Emricson Park, please use it.
– Registration this year will again be in a tent next to the Start/Finish. Preliminary staging order will be posted here.
– Activator Cycle Club will again be doing the Kiddie Cross. Start time is 1:45.
– Remember if you pre-ordered CCC merchandise please see us BEFORE the Cat 1/2/3 race at 1:30pm.
– There will be 3 porta potties near the start/finish. There may also be access to the warming hut restrooms, but due to low usage last year and the “overflowing” reception that racers gave the 2 by the start/finish we decided to up the number at the start finish instead.
– PSIMET has the same pizza vendor as last year coming to the race. They will also have water and Gatorade starting at 10:30am. No word yet if the pizza selection will be sausage and pepperoni only.
– Not that any of you actually drink the stuff, but alcohol is prohibited in Woodstock parks, so if you’re going to sneak it in, keep it under wraps. No one wants the CCC to lose a venue because of a silly thing like a can of Old Style. So please be on your best behavior… which also means do NOT leave evidence like a mini keg on the ground next to the trash can… take it home and recycle it!
– The weather forecast looks exceptional… again!
– Remember to change your clocks Saturday night before you go to bed. Going off of day light savings the sun will set in a real hurry after the 4B’s race… so we ask that if you’re just hanging around after the race, please help us tear down the course so we’re not cleaning up in the dark.
– Last year there was construction on Rt 47 through Huntley, so please plan your travel times accordingly. Best bet directions are to exit I90 on Randall Road (North), left (West) on Algonquin Rd, right (North) on Route 47 into the town of Woodstock. A left on Lake Ave and another left on South St should lead you right to Emricson Park (on your right). If you have a better route please post it in the comments below. There is still construction at the exit from 90 on to 47 north. Plan for extra time, but most of the rest of the 47 corridor is not as congested as it has been in previous years.
– There are some sections on the far West side of the course that are very far away from everything else but CX rules still apply. If you suffer a mechanical you must go forward on the course and you cannot cut across the park. The wheel/bike pit will be at the top of the hill near the road crossing.
– The Course: The Woodstock course is very spread out, tracing parts of the outline of Emricson Park. For 2012 PSIMET brings back a few classic sections (going close to the sand again but not in it). However, with so much delicious terrain (read: hills) it will still be a suffer-fest. The course is run clock-wise (and as always in CX numbers go on the left). The last 1/2 mile or so should again provide the most excitement for spectators, Heckle Hill, barriers, lots off-camber sections, twists, and turns, and yes… HILLS! You are encouraged to stay and heckle – otherwise PSIMET’s Rob Curtis has threatened to put on that Gould’s Luna skinsuit again. As always, the course map below is subject to change on race day.