– Thanks to Rob Curtis and the entire PSIMET crew for hosting stop 8 of the 2012 CCC at Emricson Park in Woodstock. Some of you may not have liked the hills, but we think we can all agree the changes to the course were the best yet (even without the sandpit).
– Next up, the CCC travels to Bloomingdale for the 2nd and final double weekend (CCC races 9 & 10) of the year at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort (ILR) hosted by the South Chicago Wheelmen. SCW always hosts a great race (or two) and this is not a weekend to miss. Make a weekend of it and book your hotel rooms now. Look for the course preview on Wednesday (since there’s a race on Saturday). Also remember online pre-reg on BikeReg closes Wednesday night for both days, so don’t miss it!
– Speaking of Indian Lakes, UCI level racing returns to Chicagoland January 5th & 6th 2013 with the Chicago Cyclocross Cup New Year’s Resolution. Online pre-reg on BikeReg is now open and all the information you could possibly ever want is on the NYR page of this site and in the Tech Guide. The CCC needs a bunch of volunteers to make this race happen and we need your help. Sign up here first and then contact us at [email protected] for details about extremely ultra super low discounted race entry fees and/or merchandise in exchange for volunteering before reg’ing on BikeReg.
– Speaking of merchandise, we still have a few 2012 series t-shirts and coffee mugs (socks & embro too) for sale on our merch page. If you’ve already order some gear please see us this weekend at ILR to pick up your stuff.
– Speaking of stuff (okay that was a bad segue) there are several non-CCC series races happening between now and NYR. Check the Illinois Cycling Association BikeReg page for details (Norge & Afterglow) and USAC (Miller Chill).
– Congratulations to Verdigris-Village CX’s 16 year old (17 CX age) phenom David Lombardo for some great finishes this past weekend (okay really all season long) at the Cincy3 races. David’s 5th and 6th places in Cincy (not to mention his win at the USGP Planet Bike cup) have landed him in 5th place on USAC’s Cyclocross National Calendar standings and should help in his bid to attend this season’s Euro Cross Camp. Fantastic racing David and we wish you (and a few other locals) good luck this weekend at the Louisville USGP.
– And finally… say what?