Home > Photo, Reports, Video > 2012 Afterglow Pix and Vids and Race Reports

2012 Afterglow Pix and Vids and Race Reports

About these ads
Categories: Photo, Reports, Video
  1. Robert garner
    12/15/2012 at 5:31 pm

I had a great time today…the cold rain helped. A great flowing course and warm bathrooms!

The low branches, off camber hills and tree stumps made you think the whole time!

2. BobbyHonduras
    12/15/2012 at 5:40 pm

First uber-muddy cross race for me, I don’t think you can have anymore fun that that with your pants on…

3. Kevin S
    12/15/2012 at 5:54 pm

That was spectacular! I can’t even remember how many times I fell. Tamales and Coffee, yes yes yes.

I just blew some mud out my nose.

4. michael malone
    12/15/2012 at 5:57 pm

yeah… made you think “i’m goin down”

had a ball, thenks everyone!

5. Mike Grimm
    12/15/2012 at 6:25 pm

Apologies to the guy that spun out in front of me in 40+, resuling in me riding over his bike, and me placing my toe spiked foot squarely in his chest. I feel shame and hope you’re OK.

6. 12/15/2012 at 7:34 pm

My last race of my first season, and good god damn what a blast it was. In spite of how many times I fell and slipped around, that mud might’ve been the most fun bit of racing. Gonna need a new pair of muscle-print leggings though!

7. 12/15/2012 at 8:20 pm

Link to a few images from today. No race shots will follow. I’m more of a PJ shooter than a sports shooter. Feel free to download or screen cap the images for any use you see fit. I only ask for a small photo credit when and where you share them.

8. thariddla
    12/15/2012 at 8:46 pm

so much awesome today. Thanks for all the hard work, everyone. Glad the coffee got put to good use too.

9. cmac
    12/15/2012 at 9:50 pm

Super fun race today! Thanks all around to Cuttin’ Crew and Robots for the great vibes and cool course. Jensen’s rain dance appeared to have worked. Cheers!

10. josh
    12/15/2012 at 10:01 pm

Did anyone find a pearl izumi black leg warmer size small i am missing one?

• 12/15/2012 at 11:15 pm

I believe we have one at Comrade Cycles. We took the lost and found stuff there. I’ll confirm tomorrow.

11. 12/15/2012 at 11:20 pm

Lost and found muddy stuff is at Comrade Cycles. Full inventory tomorrow, but I know we have some Garneau jackets and gloves, a black Columbia jacket, some Pony Shop arm (or leg?) warmers, and one clear rain jacket.

12. 12/16/2012 at 12:03 am

Man, let me tell you. It was really hard photographing today. There was equipment to worry about getting wet, mud to avoid, and the lighting conditions were terrible.

Just kidding.

Photography is super easy compared to what you all did today. Congratulations to everyone who started a race for being awesome. Special props to those who finished. Thanks for letting me capture some of it on film.

and the FB summary.

Let me know if you’d like anything on the former to appear on the latter.

-NS

• Jon Labok
      12/16/2012 at 1:46 pm

can you put that picture of me (tron skinsuit) on facebook? thanks

• 12/16/2012 at 2:12 pm

Any chance you can throw that photo of me (muscle print leggings) onto Facebook? Thanks for coming out and shooting, always appreciate the photogs that catch us doing our thing.

• 12/16/2012 at 7:17 pm

They have both been added to the gallery.

13. 12/16/2012 at 12:17 am

so much mud! awesome time. best part was the bike cops riding the course afterwards!

14. 12/16/2012 at 3:59 pm

Here’s a photo of the lost and found clothes. Please come by the shop and pick it up this week, anything left over will be donated.

15. 12/16/2012 at 10:59 pm

You all are the best! Thank you everyone for taking your Saturday to be outside in the cold rain and mud all in the name of cyclocross. Can’t wait to do it again next year.

Team rankings for donations: http://www.chicagocuttincrew.com/2012/12/16/a-glowing-review/

16. 12/17/2012 at 11:04 am

Women’s 4, Juniors, and 4’s pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4987877131916.2195063.1149191723&type=1 Thanks to Enrique Martinez.

17. 12/17/2012 at 3:31 pm
    • 12/17/2012 at 4:18 pm

Oh, and if you don’t already “LIKE” The Bonebell on Facebook – go ahead and do it so you can stay on top of all the off-road happenings in the Chicagoland area – and beyond!

18. 12/17/2012 at 6:51 pm

Great course, event and weather! Now that is what Cyclocross is all about! Thanks for an awesome Saturday of racing. Anyone have photos of the 40+ race?

19. 12/19/2012 at 9:09 pm

Here are a bunch of pics from the 4s. They are far from professional and a lot of them are myself but there are a lot of others mixed in too.

20. jpm
  21. vvv
    12/22/2012 at 8:52 pm

Hi JPM…Thisw link is not working…
    thanks