Tuesday CCC Updates
– Its 90 and humid outside… so of course you’re thinking about CX season, right?
– Staging: The CCC is considering applying the State Championship staging procedure to all races. Essentially, if you’ve never raced in a category you would be bumped up ahead of the first rider who has lower CrossResults.com points than you. The idea is to give riders a chance to try other categories and not be staged at the back of the field if you’re fast enough to start closer to the front. Or if you are out of town for the first few races, but we know that would never happen. However, the bump up would only be granted once. After that each rider is staged by his/her CCC series points, then by her/his CrossResult.com points, then by order of registration. We want to know what you think. Please leave your comments down below.
– Feel like traveling? Minnesota is hosting a CX clinic with current USA National Champ Jonathan Page.
– Want to stay closer to home? Spidermonkey Cycling presents – Cracking the Code: Tim Johnson’s Cyclocross Secrets.
Date: Saturday, August 24
Location: Chicago (exact location TBD)
Beginners: 9:00 am – Noon, $75
Intermediate & advanced 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, $175
– Village-Verdigris CX is also planning a Junior focused clinic for mid August. Stay tuned for details.
– The 2013 CCC Series Sponsorship proposal is finally ready.
– And finally… Now is a great time to update your BikeReg.com rider profile with your USAC license number. Also, make sure your USAC license has your correct team information. Did you know you can race for different road, mountain, and CX teams?