– Another double weekend in the books. 2 vastly different course, but still cyclocross all the way. Thanks again to Ted Schweitzer, Verdigris-Village CX, Jeff Provisor, Northbranch Cycling, and Main St. Bicycles for another great weekend for racing.
– Remember when reclaiming your gear from the equipment pits to make sure you are taking what belongs to you and NOT someone else. Check the tyres, check the hubs, etc, etc. We’re sure no one is stealing wheels or bikes, but there have been a few mistaken items recently. Check here and here for who’s missing what.
– The 2014 Masters World Championships will be held in 1/4/14 and 1/5/14 in Gossau, Switzerland.
– We’ve had quite a few Pactimo Series Leaders Jerseys changing hands at recent races. Please double check the series standings and if you’re due a jersey please let us know at [email protected] and we’ll get it to you at Sunrise Park. Congrats also to everyone putting on their big boy and big girl pants and upgrading to the next category. Chapeau!
– Just a reminder, If you have pre-reg’d or especially if you are a parent pre-registering your junior and won’t be able to make it to race, please let the race promoter know, not us here at the series. You can contact each individual race promoter through BikeReg using the ‘Contact Event’ link. Thanks!
– Now in its 7th year, VeloCX on 11/2 and 11/3 hosted by Little Guy Racing takes Minnesota cyclocross to a higher level by jumping on the 2013 USAC National CX calendar. This year payout are larger than ever ($2,000 for the elite men both days and $1,000 for the Women) . $6000 over the two days in the Elite races, same awesome racing in all other categories, great course, (unofficial) SS Midwest championship, bouncy castle and an all around fantastic event. 2013 promises to be the best year yet! This year’s sponsors include Behind Bars Bicycle Shop, Portland Design Works, Nice Ride MN, Peace Coffee, race fuel by Hammer Nutrition, and beer by Dangerous Man Brewing. If you’re in the area come out, race, and stick around for what’s sure to be some of the best racing in Minnesota. Free beer and food of course. Check out the race flyer and promo video!
– And finally… did you know Chicagoland is the birthplace of cyclocross? Well perhaps not, but it was the host to the first USA National CX Championships in Palos Park way back on 10/20/1963. This past Sunday marked the 50th anniversary of the USA’s first national championship, won by none other than Tyger Johnson from Rockford. Please, if you do nothing else today, take 20 minutes before watching BtBTV and read through this great archive about our great sport.