– Thanks again to Rob Curtis and his PSIMET crew for another great NORGE Ski Jump CX. We hope you all enjoyed the race and had a great Thanksgiving beforehand.
– Up next, the last race of the series at Montrose Harbor in downtown Chicago hosted by Ten27 Cycling Club and Spidermonkey Cycling. Course preview at the normal time on Thursday, but a bunch of info is already over here on the preview page. Also, on Sunday leave your beers at home… Goose Island will be on site to sell 312 beer and E.J.’s Place will be selling Italian sausages. All beer must be consumed inside the Beer Garden, which will be set up between the finish and the sand pits in a large heated tent, so you can see all the action.
– A few other events on the horizon…
– Looking to deck your walls with the perfect gift? Consider purchasing a print from long time CCC series sponsor Tipping Point Photography! Tipping Point’s travel and art photography–including a few cyclocross landscapes–will be on sale at the Peterson Garden Project Holiday Market beginning this Friday, Dec. 6 and running through Saturday, Dec. 14. The market is being held at the PGP Learning Center, 4642 N. Francisco, just off the Francisco Brown Line stop in Ravenswood Manor–not far from Montrose Harbor, which means you can stop in before or after your race! 15% of all market proceeds go to support PGP’s educational community gardening programs. More info, including a full market schedule: http://tinyurl.com/PGPHolidayMarket.
– There are still a few 2013 CCC Series t-shirt available. We’ll call it PlainOleInternetTuesday.
– As of this past Sunday (12/1/13) you can start renewing your annual USAC license. Annual licenses purchased on or after 12/1/13 are good until 12/31/2014. We highly suggest renewing/purchasing your license online at USACycling.org as this is the easiest (for everyone) and most efficient method.
– And finally… This Saturday evening, all Montrose racers and spectators are invited to a Montrose Cyclo-Cross Celebration at 4:30 pm at Holiday Club Chicago, on the corner of Sheridan Rd. and Irving Park Road, a half mile south of the race venue. Everyone attending will get a free Goose Island beer. Sign up to attend on the Facebook; search for Montrose Cyclo-Cross Celebration.