2013 Afterglow Preview
- The Afterglow team has once again partnered with the Chicago Park District to bring the ‘Glow Douglas Park Golf Course! When registering to race, please consider donating those extra dollars you’re saving on the cheaper reg to the wonderful and very important programs at Blackstone Bicycle Works and West Town Bikes right from the registration page. Look for all the Blackstone and WTB kids in the Juniors and 4’s, and cheer them on! We will also have a donation jar at registration for you to throw in your change.
- If you’re coming in from somewhere that doesn’t have easy public transportation (hint), be sure to check the map for available spaces. There will be parking along S Thompson Drive (leading toward the fieldhouse). Please leave the fieldhouse parking lot for volunteers and park patrons, as we aren’t the only ones at the park on Saturday. There’s also parking along Inner Ogden Drive.
- The fieldhouse will be open from 9am-5pm, but since it’s not officially part of the event, we ask that you respect the other park users who may be using the facility. Leave no trace!
- RpbL & the Cuttin’ Crew WILL be accepting credit cards for on-site registration and one-day licenses. They’ll be using Square, which charges 2.75% for every transaction. That will be added to the charge and rounded up to the next cent (so $10 becomes $10.28).
- There may be food on-site, but maybe not enough for 250 people. Douglas Park is in a bit of a food desert. Learn about food deserts and what’s being done to help solve this problem here.
- Please avoid warming up on the fairways and greens! There’s plenty of park around.
- Podiums will be presented shortly after each race, and Blackstone Bikes and West Town Bikes have hand crafted prizes for our winners! You’ll definitely want to vie for these metals!
- As for the course, note the location of parking, the staging grid, and the equipment pit. Give yourself plenty of time to get your bib number, put your gear in the pit, and get to staging on time. The course runs ANTI-CLOCKWISE and numbers will be going on the RIGHT.