– Here we go, the first race of the 2014 Chicago Cyclocross Cup at Caldwell Woods hosted by xXx Racing-Athletico.
– Registration will be in picnic pavilion near start finish line. Remember reg closes 30 minutes before the schedule start time of each category.
– This year the CCC is going even more green with biodegradable bib numbers. They aren’t quite as tough as traditional Tyvek numbers though, so please do not fold or crumple them up. If you do you risk not being scored. Numbers on your
left RIGHT side (not your back!) so the officials can read them.
– Results will be posted as soon as possible on the CCC’s new 4 sided results board. Please do not crash into it and break it. Full results will be posted online Sunday night and series standings will be updated later in the week. This is the first race, so series standings are the same as the first 30 finishers, duh.
– Porta-potties will be located in the small parking lot nearest Devon and Milwaukee adjacent to registration.
– Teams can set up tents anywhere, but xXx recommends doing so in the field across from the beer garden for viewing the field, hill, and finish line.
– Main parking will be at Aquatic Center with pedestrian/racer access to course along north side of Devon Ave.
– xXx Racing will be awarding cases of Goose Island beer to the top step of the podium in the Cat 1/2/3, Women Cat 1/2/3, Masters 35+, Masters 45+, and Masters 55+ races, assuming those winners are all 21+ years of age.
– The equipment pits will be one sided as a two sided pit would require additional course crossings for fans.
– Additional info over here on the static preview page.
– Remember to use the hashtag #CaldwellCX so everyone at home or in other parts of the country can follow along.
– The course. Its new and untested, but there’s a Goose Island beer garden… so have fun and watch where you are going.