– This weekend Beverly Bike*VeePak is bringing you some fun additional adventures to Chicago’s Southside and rolling out the carpet – check out the dismount near the stairs!
– Additional details can always be found on the preview page.
– Preliminary staging for Sunday’s CCC event will be posted here by Saturday. If you recently upgraded and are eligible to take 1/2 your points with you, please email us at ChicagoCrossCup at gmail so we can update our records. Staging for Saturday’s Beverly HILLS race will follow CrossResults.com rankings and will be posted here.
– 5K Trail Run: To try something new, BB*VP will be kicking our Saturday off with a 5K Trail Run using part of our afternoon cross course. The 5K starts at 10 am. The first 50 preregistered runners will be receiving a free t-shirt and a chance to run through the park on a fun yet challenging course.
– Afternoon of Cross: A fun preview of Sunday’s full day of racing. Check out the Bunny Hop Challenge at 3:15 pm. You must sign up and sign a waiver to participate. Highest jumper gets $25!
– This Sunday stop #3 of the Chicago Cyclocross Cup heads to Chicago’s Southside at Dan Ryan Woods-CCC#3.
– Food: Make sure to bring snacks to get you through on Saturday. We will have water on hand for the runners at the end of their run but we will not have food or water on hand for the Saturday afternoon cross races.
– On SUNDAY for all PRE-REGISTERED racers, BBVP has once again graciously contracted some good eats for all of our racers. This year we are mixing it up and we are trying something new again. This year we will be a free made to order crepe from culinary and pastry students from Kennedy-King College and Le Cordon Bleu. We will have two kinds: Sweet and Savory. Sweet includes bananas and Nutella. Savory includes ham and cheese. BBVP is paying for all of this food… so preregister and ENJOY! Tickets will again be stapled to your your bib #’s for redemption at the crepe station. Do not lose the ticket and if you enjoy it, make sure to tip your chefs. We do not expect to have more than preregistered quantities so preregister now.
– Water: BBVP will NOT be supplying water (saving the world with less plastic). There are two water fountains on site, but hydration by riders should be planned for by bringing fluids with.
– Coffee: Hardboiled Coffee will be providing complimentary coffee during the 5k. Heritage Bicycles will be sharing coffee throughout the day. Please make sure stop by their tent to say hello and enjoy a hot cup of coffee.
– Beer: New this year, BB*VP has teamed up with Imperial Oak Brewery. In doing so, we will be offering the first 450 preregistered riders – aged 21 or over of course – one free beer coupon. They are valid while supplies last at the venue but coupons can be retrieved onsite at the Imperial Oak Brewery tent or saved and used within the week at Imperial Oak Brewery. A choice of Dubbel, Saison or Wit.
– Again this year, BBVP has hired One2Go Event Services for professional timing and results. All preregistered riders (with valid email addresses included in their RunReg & BikeReg profiles) will receive race results and lap times for their race via email shortly following their race. Riders must be preregistered to enjoy this feature. Results will also be tweeted by @One2Go_Results on twitter following each event. Your #’s go on your left SIDE! Failure to follow properly place bib #’s risk you not being scored and potentially a $20 fine.
– Safety Pins: The CCC supplies pins for riders but we ask that riders recycle their pins and use them each week. We also ask that if you forget pins, that you only take the 4-5 needed, not small handfuls that would take care of 2-3 other riders.
– Runners will be required to wear a bib # on their front stomach area.
– Parking: Parking is free, and the best spots are off of the 8500 S Western Ave entrance to the park… follow parking lot to the South.
– The Chicago Marathon is being run on Sunday so please plan your travel times to and from the race accordingly.
– Online pre-registration on RunReg.com and BikeReg.com closes TONIGHT at 11:45 PM. Please remember on-site registration closes 30 minutes prior to each race’s scheduled start time. All bib #’s must be picked up prior to registration closing so please be timely and considerate to all those you race with and don’t show up 15 minutes before your race expecting to still get in. We will be doing a hard cut off 30 minutes prior to handle waitlists. If you’re late, you go to the end of the wait list. No exceptions so come early and get your numbers!
– The weather looks great for this weekend.
– The Course: Runs anti-clockwise. The course will once again be offering a little something for everyone. It will have straightaway power sections, hills (and we do mean hills), technical turn sections, and the infamous bunny hop barriers will be back (although spread out on the course this year). Note that registration is in a different location this year, and most of the course has shifted to the West. Energy management will be key. Bring your awesomeness!