– Carpenter’s Park hosted by Main St. Bicycles Sasquatch Squadron (owned by CCC director and all-round race fodder Jeff Provisor) is held along side the Carpentersville Oktoberfest. The festival has a beer garden (which is located right next to the course). Great food vendors, live music, raffles, kid rides (inflatables), a petting zoo, face painters, and much, much more. Note that Main Street Bicycles and North Branch Cycling started hosting this race in 2005! Once again, grand master Todd Busteed will be handling the race color commentary throughout the day.
– Registration is in a new spot roughly 100’ to the west of the band shell (NorthEast corner of the park), closer now to the Staging/Start/Finish area, set under a large blue Main Street/North Branch tent.
– Jeff and the village of Carpentersville have asked that we please keep the beer drinking in the beer garden (Sam Adams Oktoberfest and Miller Lite). If you spot someone with a can or two of High Life on the other side of the course, please ask them to be respectful of the park, other spectators, and racers. Bacon and Twinkies are allowed and in fact encouraged to roam freely.
– Overflow parking will be East of the park – in the lots of Cross Container off of Maple (the road the borders on the North, and just to the East across from Comcast).
– There will be many tasty food options… Roasti’s Pizza and Beef, El Somborito, Good ‘Ol Dogs and Brats, and more!
– D’angelo Natural Spring Water will be provided for the racers, no cups provided, please bring your bottles.
– Carpentersville Rotary will be hosting a Sasquatch Hunt near the farm field, come try your luck and win food and beer vouchers.
– The course: Similar to last year, only totally different. The Carpenter Park course has been described as the most Belgian of all the CCC race, featuring creek crossings, a little nub of a hill which is always great for spectating and taking photos, and the infamous farm field dirt roller section. Near the center of the course, just beyond the “nub” will be a double sided wheel pit. The separated Start/Finish area will remain in the North field and the course will run in the new fancy anti clockwise fashion. There will be a bike wash area at the hydrant near the dirt roller section. Bib #’s will go on your left.