– Thanks again to Jim Nowak and the entire ABD crew for another great Sunrise Park event. We had another beautiful day in the mid 60s at #ABDcx. The Sunrise Park course was a drastic change from the tight course last week in Carpentersville by having lots of long straightaways and wide flowing turns. It was a fast course in many sections, and still technical in others with many off camber turns, woodchips and the uphill logs that proved to be a place to catch (or lose) a couple spots. Danielle Smith (Tenspeed Hero) finally got her win that she’d been hunting for after a couple 2nd place finishes in earlier in the season. In case you didn’t catch it from race announcer Todd Busteed as she crossed the line, Danielle just got married 2 days earlier! Joseph Maloney (KS Energy Services / Team Wisconsin), a familiar face by now, won his 3rd race in the series putting him in 2nd in the overall standing in only 3 starts. Another result of note comes from the lower cats, Federico Rios, won the men’s 4s last week, upgraded mid week and then won the 3s Sunday, not a bad start to his season. In case you haven’t seen it yet, John Gatto has put together some great videos after each race. See this Sunrise Park’s edition here.
– We are aware of some issues with the results between what One2Go emailed/tweeted and what was posted to USAC / CrossResults. We will have the results corrected by Wednesday at the latest. The full lap time report is here thanks to One2Go Event Services.
– Next up, the CCC heads a bit farther west for Campton Cross hosted by Bicycle Heaven and ROK Coaching. Halloween is this Friday, so save some candy for Sunday and bring your “A” game costumes. We can’t wait to see what Tony Reinks has in store for us this year! Look for the course preview on Thursday at the regular time.
– If you need moar CX racing, head on down to Peoria this Saturday for Wildlife Spooky CX. Proceeds help little furry animals. Part of the HICX series.
– And finally… a heads up that the Mid West Regional CX Championships (MWRCXC ) will be held 12/14/2014 at the John Ball Park at 1300 W Fulton Grand Rapids, MI 49504. The event will be hosted by Tailwind Racing and they have decided to stage the Men 1/2/3 (top 20), Women 1/2/3 (top 20) and Masters (top 8) based on USAC points. The other categories will be staged based on pre-reg order. Online registration opens this Friday, October 31st at 10am on USACycling.org. The race flyer is here.