Tuesday CCC Updates
September 8, 2015
- The Illinois Cycling Association is holding Board Elections, developing a new ICA Website, and making a call for officials! Amateur cycling races in Illinois don’t just happen by themselves and the ICA and USAC need help to make them happen. Please seriously consider getting involved if you want to see cycling races continue to flourish and grow here in Illinois.
- This coming weekend is the last weekend before CCC series racing starts up, so make all those last minute adjustments, dial in your nutrition, and get ready for another great season.
- If you’re looking to get started early and in for a road trip, this coming weekend, former Chicago resident Brian Parker checks in to let us know… “The KISS Cross series opener is this Saturday 9/12/15 at Lakeside Park in Caledonia, MI. Sponsored by Gap30 Cycles and Founders Racing. $20 old school Cyclocross racing, no license required, $10 second race if you want to double up. A, B, and, C categories, with Masters and kids races. Races start at 11:00am (10:00 CST) so you don’t even have to wake up super early to make it. A keg of Founders (beer) will be on hand for thirsty racers, and the grill will be cooking up some brats and dogs for after the race. Course design by former Jackson Park race director and The Bonebell rider, now full time Michigander, Brian Parker.”
- A little closer to Chicago, race promoter and ICA Member at Large Karl Crapse tells us… “There is a great Cx race this Sunday (9/13/15), only 1.5 hours south of Chicago at Patriot CX. The course is nothing like you might expect in the downstate corn fields. The course goes around a good size pond in Heritage Lake Park, Rantoul. We have steep hill repeats on the dam, a lot of off camber turns, a long straight with logs to bunny hop, barriers, sand pit, a DJ and more. Also beer is allowed. Grab a friend or 2, car pool down, gas is cheaper than it has been for a long time. We also have enough categories that most should be able to do 2 or more races. All profits go to a local Rails to Trails project.” https://www.bikereg.com/patriot-cx
- CX racing also begins this weekend in Wisconsin. Note the WCA has split their schedule into 2 categories; Super Cup and BRO (Bragging Rights Only).
- And finally… Just in under the wire the CCC has another new series sponsor in Mark Niemiec – State Farm Agent – Mark shares a similar view in that he wants to be there for his customers not only NOW but into the FUTURE. He goes the extra mile to make his customers’ experience with State Farm an exceptional one and one that can last a lifetime.