UPDATE: The CCC would like to re-address the events that happened during the cat 4/5 race on Sunday. We did not mean to downplay the significance of what happened at all and we’re sorry if it seemed that way. We put the comments at the bottom of the update so it would be the last thing everyone read and stuck in everyone’s mind longer. As a number of people have pointed out to us the events that occurred were actually assault which has absolutely ZERO place in society in general and more specifically at CCC events. Hindsight is always 20/20 and the correct course of action would have been for someone (a racer, race director, USAC official, anyone) to call the police and file an assault report immediately. We are sorry this did not occur. However, we at the CCC are committed to making cyclocross events in Chicagoland a positive and safe experience and we are dedicated to creating the best racing environment possible for everyone. We are extremely embarrassed such an assault happened at one of our events and would ask that anyone who has questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, etc. reach out to us directly at [email protected].
- Oh man that was a tough one! Thanks to BBVP and everyone who made (both days at) Dan Ryan Woods another successful event! John Roberts, the Chief of Police for the Forest Preserve of Cook County was out on Sunday and really enjoyed and supports the event. He had the same feeling last year and was happy to see that the
CaldwellLabagh Woods Forest Preserve property was used too. Chief Roberts is extending an invite for everyone to join the Trail Watch Program. They are having an event at Dan Ryan Woods in November and another on the North side. Dates are not yet posted but check it out here: http://fpdcc.com/trail-watch. Results in all their various formats are consolidated here for you easy viewing enjoyment including lap times from One2Go.
- Speaking of One2Go… they are great and might respond anyway, but there is a reason all of their emails say in big bold text at the very top “PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL“. One2Go are at the races to provide timing services, not approve upgrades, not to provide directions, nor to look up the weather forecast. If you have results issues you need to speak with the USAC officials at the race and if you have series scoring issues, questions, etc… email us, NOT One2Go. Thanks!
- Next up the CCC heads NorthWest to Randall Oaks Park. The venue has moved temporarily down the road but the crew is the same bunch that has hosted Carpenter Park since forever. Look for details at the normal time on Thursday. #randalloakscx
- Speaking of Randall Oaks Park… if you are thinking about upgrading (from Cat 4 to Cat 3 or Cat 3 to Cat 2 [men or women]) Randall Oaks will be your last race to earn points. You’ll then need to upgrade BEFORE ABD Sunrise Park. CCC Series Points are NOT USAC upgrade points. Read the rules here (page 21 & 22) and apply for your upgrade on USACycling.org. After you receive your upgrade confirmation forward it to us here at the series and we’ll transfer your points. PLEASE contact us as soon as possible… and by that we don’t mean the Saturday night before ABD Sunrise Park as we won’t have time crunch the numbers. Thanks and good luck!
- And finally… and we can’t believe we even need to say this any more… but when riders are on course, racing just as hard as anyone else, no one should interfere with anyone else’s race. This includes moving stakes, leaning too far into the course tape, out right standing in the middle of the course, etc. Creative and funny heckling is obviously still allowed and encouraged. 99.99% of all of you know what to do and set great examples, but there is always one bad apple out there that spoils it for everyone. In particular we’d like to address an incident this past weekend where a man by himself in plain clothes was up on the last hill making lewd comments to the ladies racing the Cat 4/5’s and slapping them on the bum as they rode by. To be clear as Belgian mud, this is not only just plain creepy, but unacceptable and inexcusable. Maybe this guy wasn’t a rider or even associated with the CCC, but if he was and we find out who he is, he will be asked not to return. We’re all out there just trying to have fun, right? Let’s keep it civil, clean, and respectful to all riders. K, thanks!