2015 Campton Preview
October 29, 2015
- Rob Kelley, Peter Kelley, and the entire Bicycle Heaven crew bring you the 10th edition of Campton Cross in beautiful Campton Hills.
- Remember to use #CamptonCX on Twitter and Instagram.
- Need directions? Point yourself towarsd 4N930 Brown Road, St. Charles, IL. From I-90: Randall Road South, to Rt. 64 West, past LaFox Road, turn right onto Brown Road and park is up on your left.
- More details here and here on the Training Bible Cycling website. Preliminary staging will be here.
- Remember reg closes 30 minutes before the scheduled start of each race. If you’re late, you’re not racing. We’re even giving you an extra hour to sleep this year… again. Please find your way to the park near the corner of Rt 64 and Brown Rd in Campton Hills/Wasco… NOT the other Anderson Park in Oak Park. The map on BikeReg is correct as well.
- Race director Rob Kelley will be the judge in the annual costume contest.
- There will be a food vendor TBD w/ Reems Brats and coffee.
- Sorry, but NO alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park.
- The weather looks great again but a little chillier than last week.
- Training Bible Cycling and Bicycle Heaven have increased the Cat 1/2/3 payouts to $700 total for each field.
- Rob and the crew encourage riders to NOT warm up on/around the soccer fields to the East of registration. The village has asked us to keep off the areas visible when you pull into the park. If you carefully ride North on Brown Rd for about 200 meters you can hop onto the Prairie Path/Great Western trail (see the thick yellow line in the map below) which is a great place to warm up. Thank you.
- The Course: Similar to years past but altered slightly to accommodate the SRAM NRS equipment pit. The start chute may also be lengthened depending on the weather.