2016 LaBagh Woods Preview
September 8, 2016
- #CXisHere in Chicago… the 2016 Chicago Cyclocross Cup kicks off at LaBagh Woods hosted by xXx Racing-Athletico.
- Live results by will be on Watch races scored in real time!
- Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight, so don’t delay.
- On site number pick up and Day-Of Registration will be in picnic pavilion near start finish line. Remember reg closes 30 minutes before the schedule start time of each category.
- Our USAC officials and One2Go Results remind everyone to please not fold or crumple your numbers. If you do you risk not being scored. Numbers on your LEFT side (not your back!), always.
- Staging for the first race of the series is 100% by CrossResults.com ranking. See here for preliminary staging and if you believe your CXR points to be incorrect please contact CrossResults. Also, please check the discrepancies page. If you name is on this page you need to either edit your BikeReg registration (and profile, most likely emergency contact info) or renew you annual USAC license. Wait list riders are here. All of these lists will be updated again with final reg data no later than Friday evening.
- Results will be posted as soon as possible on one of the CCC’s 4 sided results board and for all pre-reg’d riders with correct/valid email address in their BikeReg rider profiles results will be emailed to you shortly after you finish. Also, One2Go will have its LiveLynx site updated in real time. Full results will be posted on USAC online Sunday night and series standings will be updated shortly afterward. This is the first race, so series standings are the same as the first 30 finishers in each category.
- The standard 2016 CCC Payout Schedule is here.
- Parking: Please do NOT parallel park anywhere. There is limited parking in LaBagh Woods and all cars must be parked in marked spots.
- The equipment pits will again be staffed by SRAM NRS will be double sided.
- Kenny Labbe will be MC’ing the event and the entirety of the CCC series.
- Chicago Pizza Boss will again be in attendance and serving up fresh, hot, pies.
- Free beer garden for the 21+ crowd sponsored by Finch Beer Co.
- Teams can set up tents anywhere, but xXx Racing recommends doing so near-ish to the reg pavilion for viewing the start/finish line… and the beer garden.
- Additional info and archive information can be found over on the static race page. Just be careful when looking at the older Caldwell Woods info.
- Remember to use the hashtag #LaBaghCX on Twitter and Instagam so everyone at home or in other parts of the country can follow along.
- Tentative course is below. Reg, staging grid, finish line, and pit are all on the SW corner of the park. Still flat as the midwest can be, but with less twists and turns than last year. Also a Sven or two.