CCC Tuesday Updates – 20161018
October 18, 2016
- Looks like everyone had a great time in the mud at the this past weekend’s Carpentersville event. Thanks to everyone who helped and thanks for everyone’s patience as we had to switch venues at the last minute. Feedback from the village of Carpentersville and area residents has been positive and given the construction and changes at Carpenter Park we may be back at the Woodland school again next year. Check back next summer for details.
- Results from this past weekend are here except for Overall Standings which we’ll have up shortly.
- Snowy Mountain Photography went to great heights to take some great pics which are here.
- John Gatto has another video for everyone at: vimeo.com/187789731
- Speaking of results… we’re very sorry the One2Go emails weren’t delivered until later in the day on Sunday. Apparently Gmail put One2Go in the penalty box for sending out so many emails this weekend (they were also at the GP of Gloucester which had 1k pre-reg’d riders both days) and wanted to check they weren’t spamming half of the CX racers in the country. We’re working with One2Go to avoid this scenario in the future, but in the meantime, get yourself on Twitter where results are also tweeted in real time and there are no such restrictions on the number of tweets sent out. You can also follow along on LiveLynxResults.com.
- Also speaking of results… please pick up your payouts at the event. We can’t keep carrying those checks around and will so donate them to charity.
- Also, also speaking of results, of the overall variety… if you are a Cat 4 or Cat 3 and want 1/2 of your hard-earned series points to follow you to the next category you must upgrade this week before ABD Sunrise Park. See the CCC series rules here: chicrosscup.com/races/rules-faqs. The CCC does not handle USAC upgrades, you must apply for and upgrade through USACycling.org in “My Account” under the “License” tab. CCC series and CrossResults points are not upgrade points. We know it can be confusing, but we also know you are all smart people. Email us if you have questions or have trouble.
- Speaking of ABD Sunrise Park… next up, the CCC heads just a little South to Barlett for the ABD Sunrise Park event, home of the original “Heckle Hill”. Uber race director Jim Nowak and his Athletes By Design crew always host a great event with a deceptively hard course. If you’ve raced at Sunrise Park in the past you know what we mean. Look for the usual course preview on Thursday at the normal time.
- Please remember that if you are pre-riding the course you may only enter after the start line and then you must exit the course before the finish line. This is so the USAC officials do not mistake you for a rider in the previous race. Also, please, please, please, please DO NOT PASS the active race in progress (bib numbers always give you an idea of the category). Everyone should get their full time on the course in their race.
- And finally… a quick PSA about USA Cycling licenses for those riders who need one. Yes, you may be asked to show your license when picking up your number at registration, and yes you need to show it if asked. Each CCC event is hosted by a different group or team so the volunteers at the reg desk won’t always know who you are or how big of a deal you are. Just keep your mobile device with you, have the USA Cycling app installed, and have your license ready to be displayed. All CCC events have at worst decent cell service, but just in case, take a screen shot of your license and keep it in your favorites… problem solved. Thanks y’all!