- We didn’t receive many reports from deep within Big Marsh, but we’re sure Half Acre Cycling’s CX Eliminator went well on Saturday. If you have pics please post them here.
- Sunday at xXx Racing’s Relay Cross was fun with another great turnout to also get the CX season underway. Please also post pics here.
- Next up, the official Chicagoland CX season begins at Caldwell Woods. Online pre-reg is open on BikeReg.com here.
Our friends to the north are again kicking off their CX season with the 4th annual Avalon Pontoons Alma Grand Prix of Cyclocross & 5K Trail Run on Saturday, 9/9/17! Alma is a pretty quick drive from the Chicagoland area and might help you open up your legs for the first Chicago series race on Sunday. In Alma, the Pro/Elite and Sport women (presented by Arbor Move) are racing for $750/5; the Pro/Elite and Masters 35+ men (presented by F3 Cycling) are racing for $500/5. Early number pick up on Friday night is at the Alma Brewing Company in downtown Alma, from 6-8 p.m. Camping is available at the race venue! Registration information for both the CX and 5K races is available HERE.
- If you’re not traveling to IA consider Patriot CX on 9/17/17. In its 7th year running the event will have a Relay category at the end of the day. .
- And finally… thanks again to everyone who came out to the CCC Kick Off Party at the Rapha Clubhouse. Big, big thanks to all the donors/sponsors who pitched in with raffle prizes. Through sales of raffle tickets we raised $1,000 to be split equally between West Town Bikes and Blackstone Bicycle Works. AMAZING!!! Let’s keep that community spirit going straight through to December and have a great season!