2017 Caldwell Woods Preview
September 7, 2017
- #CXisHere in Chicago… the 2017 Chicago Cyclocross Cup kicks off at Caldwell Woods hosted by xXx Racing-Athletico.
- Live results by will be here: Watch races scored in real time!
- Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight, so get to it.
- On site number pick up and Day-Of Registration will be in picnic pavilion near start finish line. Remember reg closes 30 minutes before the schedule start time of each category.
- Please not fold or crumple your numbers. If you do you risk not being scored. Numbers on your LEFT side (not your back!) .
- Staging for the first race of the series is 100% by CrossResults.com ranking. See here for preliminary staging and if you believe your CXR points to be incorrect please contact CrossResults. Also, please check the discrepancies page. If you name is on this page you need to either edit your BikeReg registration (and profile), renew you annual USAC license, etc. Wait list orders (if we need them) are here. All of these lists will be updated again with final reg data no later than Friday evening.
- Results will be posted as soon as possible on the CCC’s 4 sided results board and for all pre-reg’d riders with correct/valid email address in their BikeReg rider profiles results will be emailed to you shortly after you finish. Also, One2Go will have its LiveLynx site updated in real time. Full results will be posted on USAC online Sunday night and series standings will be updated shortly afterward. This is the first race, so series standings are the same as the first 30 finishers.
- The standard 2017 CCC Payout Schedule is here.
- Porta-potties will be located in the small parking lot nearest Devon and Milwaukee adjacent to registration.
- Teams can set up tents anywhere, but xXx Racing recommends doing so in the field North of the reg pavilion for viewing the finish line or the field to the North East for viewing the hill.
- Parking: TBD, however the Aquatic Center will likely NOT be open.
- Double sided equipment pits staffed by SRAM NRS.
- There will be a beer garden thanks to Corridor Brewery & Provisions. Racers 21+ will get a wristband at registration for entry. Chicago Pizza Boss will also be on site.
- No word on kiddie “races”.
- Additional info over here on the static preview page. Make sure you read the info about Caldwell Woods NOT LaBagh Woods.
- Remember to use the hashtag #CaldwellCX so everyone at home or in other parts of the country can follow along.
- Did we forget anything? Probably, please leave questions in the comments below and we’ll answer them as soon as we can.
- The course: xXx Racing has further smoothed out the start. New tentative course is below. Reg, staging grid, finish line, and pit are all on the SW corner of the park.