- Thanks to Comrade Cycles and the entire crew that made Sunday’s race at Hopkins Park in Dekalb a success. The course was both flowy and turny depending on which side of the park you were on. And that log jump! All the results you’re looking for are updated here.
- Next up the CCC travels to the South side of Chicago for Beverly Bike CX at Dan Ryan Woods hosted by Beverly Bike. Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes Thursday night.
- Remember the Chicago Marathon is happening Sunday. Please plan your travel times accordingly.
- If you want more Hopkins Park-esque goodness and are into road trips… The Beer City Growler Cyclocross is heading into it’s second year on Saturday 10/7/17 in Grand Rapids, MI. There’s $2500 in cash prizes up for grabs, including a $1500 Women’s Open prize purse. The Hopkins Park flyover of yore lives there now, and the beer garden will be flowing all day long! One2Go Event Services will be running timing, and the course will be fast, flowy, and hard with at least three unavoidable dismounts (unless you are Cody Kaiser). Register at https://www.usacycling.org/
- Slightly closer to Chicagoland, Grafton PumpkinCross is also on Saturday 10/7/17 at Lime Kiln Park, WI. They will have great payouts and awesome course features: paved start & finish, freshly minted off camber river bank run up & woods section, a grueling sledding hill climb with a DJ hillside, and a stretch through the beer tent. Local food vendors, Boneshaker BBQ, and Blue Cow Creperie, will be serving up deliciousness and their title sponsor, Body Renovation Physical Therapy, will be on hand in our expo area providing injury evaluations and pre & post race tune ups! The FIRST TWO riders to use the promo code: “TOLL” gets free entry to PumpkinCross. Take their prize money! If you weren’t quick on the draw, “CCC” gets 25% off entry fees. Registration: https://goo.gl/
- And finally… ladies (and guys), if you have long hair, please please please make sure it is up off your back and more importantly your bib number. We’re not asking just to be difficult. As you can see from the finish line camera images below from One2Go, it is very, very, very difficult to score you when we can’t see your number. Bib number placement has generally been great, but please get those long locks in a pony tail. Also, please do NOT sit up at the finish line. Thanks!!!