CCC Tuesday Updates – 20171212
December 12, 2017
- Congrats to everyone who raced at USAC Midwest Regional CX Championships on Saturday and Miller Chill Cyclocross on Sunday. Results are here and here respectively.
- This Sunday Afterglow is hosted by the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew in Douglas Park in Chicago. All proceeds go to Blackstone Bicycle Works and West Town Bikes. The grudge matches are always fun to watch. No word yet on the whereabouts of Sweet Justice.
- Speaking of donating to great causes, thanks again to everyone who donated to this year’s series long group donation pot that will be split evenly between Big Marsh, Blackstone Bicycle Works, and West Town Bikes. Combined donations totaled just under $1,000. As in years past the CCC will match that number, so we’ll be making a $666 donation to each of these groups in the name of the entire CCC community before the end of the year. THANK YOU again for all your generous donations!!!
- Final reminder from us that USAC Cyclocross National Championships are in Reno, NV 1/9/18- 1/14/18. If you’re going to race or watch you probably have already made plans, but there will likely be video of the Elite races online somewhere. We will tweet out that info if/when it happens.
- And finally, one last reminder that our end of season CCC Awards Party is at EJ’s Place in Skokie this Sunday 12/17/17 at NOON. Tickets are on sale on BikeReg. There won’t be any waitlists as there are always plenty of seats but please purchase your tickets in advance. That being said we have tons of awards to award and door prizes to give out, so everyone always goes home with something. We hope to see you there!