- Another great Groundhog PSI-clocross weekend hosted by PSIMET out in Woodstock. The Pre-Deju-Vu course on Saturday was more power while Sunday’s Groundhog course was more “finesse”, and more weather too. Links to all results and lap times are here.
- Next up, the CCC travels closer to Chicago with our Wheeling Heritage event. Due to construction in the park the course will be slightly different from last year, but still mostly the same. Look for the course preview Thursday morning and remember pre-reg closes Thursday evening.
- Speaking of Wheeling… The Northbrook Bicycle Club is looking for a few volunteers to help with course set up, marshaling, and repair Saturday and Sunday. Please email Robert Paetsch for details. Shifts are typically three hours or less. Volunteers may race for free and get food and beverage perks too.
- Also speaking of this coming weekend… unless you have a bike shop in your basement or garage, your CX bike probably needs some love. Get it into your local bike shop ASAP for a clean up, tune up, etc. before the wheels literally come off at the next race!
- Looking towards the end of the season we here at the CCC are thinking about changing up the when and where of the awards party. The time and location would have to be family friendly (i.e. not just at a bar) and at least mostly centrally located. If you have ideas or suggestions please email us at ChicagoC[email protected].
- And finally… the 2nd annual Women’s Networking Event hosted by UPB Juniors will be held Saturday 11/17/18 at 2:15pm in the UPB tent at Pheasant Run Resort. As part of this event, UPB will also hold the Ultimate Pro Racer Raffle to benefit a Women Cat 3/4/5 at Montrose. Proceeds will go towards the 2019 Juniors CX Camp. The raffle tickets will be on sale 9a – 12pm Saturday and Sunday as well as during the networking event. Warm drinks and treats at 2:15 pm on that Saturday. All women racers are welcome to come and visit. UPB’s juniors are hosting and will be mingling.