2018 Afterglow Preview
December 6, 2018
- SUNDAY, December 9, 2018
- Please use #AfterglowCX, very important to remember the “CX”.
- Afterglow is what lingers when the ChiCrossCup concludes, yet you’re not ready to quit. Chicago Cuttin’ Crew’s primary goals are to throw a great race in Chicago and collect funds, cycling parts, and clothing for our youth cycling programs from the South and West sides. In the 9th year of Afterglow, we are proud to continue the pledge drive for Blackstone Bikes and West Town Bikes. And, like last year, we are sponsoring the registration fee for Bikes N Roses!
- Afterglow always has equal payouts for men and women (zero dollars). And while it is the most affordable race on the calendar, bribes in the form of donations are always accepted in exchange for a spot on the front row. With the post-Regionals, pre-Nationals timeslot, Divvy and tandem categories are bound to be STACKED.
- In 2018, Afterglow is introducing the HOT LAP race! One final lap of courage to square away any remaining grudges. All wheeled, human-powered machines are welcome, and dare to take the treacherous shortcuts Single Speed State Champion Jake Huizenga has crafted.
- Registration is at www.bikereg.com/afterglow. When registering race to, please consider donating a few extra dollars that will go directly to our beneficiaries. We will also have a donation box on-site to collect your gently used gear, clothing, and cash money.
- Day-of registration and number pickup opens at 9am near the start/finish. Bib numbers will go on your RIGHT side, and course runs counterclockwise. Best place to park is on Inner Ogden Avenue, just on the outside of the course.
- A wheel/equipment pit will be available. Wheels/bike in, wheels/bikes out.
- Podiums will be presented shortly after each race, and we will have limited edition 2018 Cuttin’ Crew prizes for those victorious.
- Weather looks like mud. Party looks like #slurpeeseason.
- Thank you for continuing to support the young people of our city — their programs not only provide transportation to the races and food and snacks, but also a sense of home and accomplishment.
Don’t mind this 2014 map title, its basically the same course as in years past. See you Sunday!
- Registration/Officials/Tent City/Starting Grid are now on the WEST SIDE of the course, drop off on Sacramento.
- Park either on Ogden or limited parking in field house lot.
- Course is reversed, now clockwise. Wheelpit is now where tent city used to be.