CCC Tuesday Updates – 20190702
July 2, 2019
- A bunch of updates below about the upcoming season, so buckle up and please help spread the word.
- Each year the CCC looks to implement small changes where we can to improve everyone’s racing experience.
- As a way to achieve that goal and achieve parity between the Women and Men Cat 4/5 fields, this year we’re splitting the Women Cat 4/5 and Junior 9-14 categories into their own races. This also allows us to add a Women Masters 35+ field that will race with the Women Cat 4/5 for 30 minutes.
- The Junior 9-14‘s will race by themselves, and this year we’ll try a straight 2 laps instead of 20 minutes. The time on course should be about the same (yes slower juniors may be finished at 1 lap on longer/harder courses) and since every.junior.ever. and their parents always ask us on the start line how many laps, we figured we’d make it easier on everyone. Is your young shredder not tired enough on the ride home? Remember younger juniors can always race up in age and can line up against the Juniors 15-18’s earlier in the day.
- Splitting the Women and Juniors will also increase rider safety. The Women Cat 4/5 and the Junior 9-14 are two of the quickest growing fields in the series with some of the widest range in ability. Separating them will allow both fields to develop and flourish.
- So you’re probably wondering where we found another 30 minutes of daily light to fit in another starting wave? To accomplish this we will start the race day 30 minutes earlier, at 8:00am. So masters will need to set their alarm clocks a little earlier.
- Speaking of Masters… since the 45+ field has continued to grow while the 35+ has gotten a little smaller, we’re moving the 55+ F.O.G. to start right behind the 35+ at 8am to have a more even number of riders on course at the same time. This also helps out One2Go so they don’t have to score 3 start waves of multiple fields on course at the same time.
- Even though we’re starting the racing earlier Registration will still open at 7am. However, unless the race has a huge reg staff, the first 30 minutes will be limited to the 35+ and 55+ until registration closes for those races. This will give the 45+ Masters a reason to set up the team tents.
- The schedule page is updated with Race Day start times, so please adjust your schedules accordingly. Kenny will of course be back again announcing the entire series and is working on a master plan to make sure everyone gets their 15 seconds of podium fame. It might take us the first race or two to really dial everything in, so please work with us and pay attention.
- Not a change, but the CCC is officially beginning its annual sponsorship drive. If you’d like to be involved with the Best Amateur CX Series in the Country, drop us an email and let’s figure out a way we can partner together.
- Not sure how we didn’t mention this already, but the Montrose Harbor finalé race will also serve as the USAC CX Midwest Regional Championships. More details to come.
- And finally… it is with great sadness we have to let you know that the Svens are not coming this year. Due to scheduling conflicts and a few minor races in Wisconsin, Iowa, and Belgium, Sven and Sven won’t be able to stop in at the hottest hotbed of hot CX hot that is Chicago. When you think about it, it really is their loss! Now, if we only had other European born CX professional in the area who could pick up the slack…