UPDATE AS OF 9/27/2019 at 6pm
- This week the CCC returns to
Caldwell Woods Bunker HillIndian Lakes Hotel hosted by xXx Racing-Athletico. The address is 250 W Schick Rd, Bloomingdale, IL 60108. Huuuge thanks to xXx Racing for working together at the 11th hour to pull this race together to start off our season right. You read that right… Due to recent heavy rains, and a forecast wet weekend the Cook County Forest Preserve has required xXx Racing to move the course from our planned Caldwell Woods location to the Bunker Hill grove, just half a mile northwest along the North Branch Trail. To access the new location, DO NOT park at Caldwell Woods, Bunker Hill has a large dedicated parking lot accessible from Caldwell Ave or Harts Road. IMPORTANT DRIVING DIRECTIONS: If approaching from the south or east, allow extra time for travel due to road closures at the Devon/Central/Caldwell/Lehigh/ Metra intersection.
- Live results by One2Go_Results will be here: http://www.livelynxresults.com/ Watch races scored in real time!
- Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight.
- On site number pick up and Day-Of Registration will be in
picnic pavilion near start finish linethe lower level Wright Room at ILR. Look for signs or asking someone who looks like they know what they’re doing.
- Remember reg closes 30 minutes before the schedule start time of each category for everyone, even if you pre-registered on BikeReg you need to pick up your number before 30 minutes before you race.
- Please do not fold or crumple your numbers. If you do you risk not being scored. Numbers on your LEFT side (not your back!).
- Remember women categories (except Single Speed) will receive cloth numbers that you will keep the entire season. Please don’t lose them! You’ll still need to check-in at every race though.
- Speaking of checking in, due to a new partnership between USAC and BikeReg, if you checked the box for the online waiver when you registered on BikeReg and entered your initials, you won’t have to sign a physical piece of paper. You will need to check in with the reg desk and pick up your bib number though. This process is new for everyone and should be more efficient, but please bear with us as we work through any hiccups.
- Unfortunately, One Day license riders (because of lawyers) will still need to sign a waiver regardless of whether you initialed the online waiver.
- Staging for all categories will be by CrossResults.com ranking as detailed on our FAQ page.
- See here for preliminary staging on
FridaySaturday. Also, please check the discrepancies page. If you name is on this page you need to either edit your BikeReg registration (and profile), renew you annual USAC license, etc.
- Results will be posted as soon as possible on the CCC’s 4 sided results board and for all pre-reg’d riders with correct/valid email address in their BikeReg rider profiles results will be emailed to you shortly after you finish. Also, One2Go will have its LiveLynx site updated in real time. Full results will be posted on USAC online Sunday night and series standings will be updated shortly afterward.
- Porta-potties will be located
in the parking lot near registrationsomewhere, TBD. Note that the old restaurant/pro shop/locker room area of the hotel is completely closed right now. There are inside bathrooms up the stairs from registration in the lobby of the hotel. xXx Racing is transferring porta potties from Caldwell to Indian Lakes. If it is indeed super muddy, please use the porta potties more than the indoor facilities.
- Parking: Parking is plentiful. Please only park in marked spots.
- Teams can set up tents anywhere. Being a (re)new(ed) venue and still working out the course, we’re not yet sure where though. It tends to be windy at ILR so please make sure to stake down your tents well.
- Double sided equipment pits staffed by SRAM NRS.
- Food: There are no restaurants or food options at Indian Lakes, but Superdawg delivers via Grubhub, Doordash, or Ubereats. Google Maps is very handy to find things.
IS permitted at Bunker Hill. If you bring your own, DO NOT bring glass bottles,Please be discreet, cans or box wine responsibly only please.
- Remember we are at Indian Lakes Hotel. NOT Bunker Hill, NOT Caldwell Woods, and NOT LaBagh Woods.
- Please continue to use the hashtag #CaldwellCX so everyone at home or in other parts of the country can follow along. You can also use #ILRCX.
- Weather: There is a good deal of rain in the forecast Friday, Saturday, and Sunday… so the ground will be “soggy”. Please plan accordingly.
- The course: As you can imagine with a last minute location change, xXx Racing is still working out the course details, so no course map right now. xXx Racing and the series will do our best to produce a course that is up to CCC standards, but please bear with us.