2019 Campton Cross Preview
October 31, 2019
- #CamptonCX is back for its 13th year, brought to you by Team Bicycle Heaven.
- Campton is one of the original ChiCrossCup races and both a CX AND Halloween celebration.
- Anderson Park in Campton Township (5N180 Brown Rd, Campton Hills, IL 60175). Need directions? From I-90: Randall Road South, to Rt. 64 West, past LaFox Road, turn right onto Brown Road and park is on your left. There are other Anderson Parks in the Chicagoland area, so please go to the correct one. The map on BikeReg is correct.
- We’ve been keeping an eye on the park conditions and communicating with the Township… It’s Game On!
- New Expanded Costume Contest! Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each start wave (combined categories), overall best costume and team category (think Marching Band in 2018).
- Free T-Shirts at registration.
- Remember pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight.
- Preliminary staging will be posted here on Friday.
- Kiddie Cross is on at 2pm!
- Sorry, but NO alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park.
- Dave’s Slow Food will be serving food this year.
- Remember Reg closes 30 minutes before the scheduled start of each race. If you’re late, you’re not racing. We’re even giving you an extra hour to sleep this year… again.
- Please do NOT warm up on/around the soccer fields to the East of registration. The village has asked us to keep off the areas visible when you pull into the park. If you carefully ride North on Brown Rd for about 200 meters you can hop onto the Great Western trail, which is a great place to warm up. Thank you.
- Weather; the forecast is in the low 40’s and will be even chillier in the morning… but it looks like the rain will stay away.
- There is plenty of parking on site. Please do not ride or drive on the grass surrounding the course.
- Yet another friendly reminder to please remove your bikes, wheels, gear, etc from the pits as soon as you are done racing. There are lots of other racers that need to use the pits after you and due to park constraints Campton’s pit is on the smaller side. Thanks!
- The course: Running anti-clockwise and very similar to last year. Some of the usual features with some new things to get your attention. This area isn’t call Campton Hills for nuthin’.