– Another great double weekend at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort hosted by the South Chicago Wheelmen. Well you asked for it and you got it. We finally had some real cyclocross weather this weekend at ILR. Saturday’s race temps were down in the teens for most of the day. Our elite podiums consisted of Sydney Guagliardo (Verdigris-Village) who got her first (and second) win of the series followed by Corrie Karas and Kelli Richter (PSIMET). Meanwhile in the men’s race Dan Teaters (Wheel & Sprocket) won followed by series leader David Reyes (Heritage) and Maxx Hall (Verdigris-Village).
– Sunday was an entirely different day after snow blanketed the course Saturday night and the track became extremely wet and slippery throughout the day with riders wiping out all over the course. Our podiums for the elite women were Sydney Guagliardo (Verdigris-Village) for her 2nd win of the weekend, Kelli Richter (PSIMET) and Emily Elbers (Marian). For the men, local road pro Brandon Feehery took the top step racing for his school Lindenwood in a super close finish edging out Saturday’s winner Dan Teaters (Wheel & Sprocket) in the second to last turn, with David Lombardo (Verdigris-Village) in third. Special shout out to Kenny Labbe for keeping the energy high throughout the cold, snowy, and windy weekend.
– Not this weekend but next weekend the CCC takes a break to eat tofukey and cranberry dressing but you can still get your CX fix. The crew from Psimet will host Norge Ski Jump Cyclocross on SUNDAY 11/30/14. Gobble Gobble!
– Then on Sunday 12/7/14 the CCC finishes up at Montrose Harbor at the Illinois State CX Championships. We’ll have lots more details for Montrose in the next few weeks, but the rad guys and gals at the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew have already committed to providing podium medals for the top 3 Single Speed Women (who will still be racing with the men). Also, no categories at Montrose have filled yet, so if you end up on a waitlist and then don’t get to race its your own fault.
– Paul Warloski of Milwaukee Bicycle Company will be at Melas CX Basin Racin’ Sunday with the MBC Mettle, a steel cross bike that Cyclocross Magazine called a “great bike for a reasonable cost.” He’ll have Mettles to test ride, even race if you want to try one out. He’ll be at Melas from 8am to 4pm with a break to use his own Mettle in the 45+ race.
– And finally… Juniors, or more to the point their parents… if you have pre-reg’d and shown up to race and are due your entry fee “refund” and would rather donate those monies to a youth program such as West Town Bikes or Blackstone Bikes, please let us know and we can make that happen.