SRAM makes great stuff and is a series sponsor of the CCC.
Hopefully you’ve all seen this on other sites, but we figured we’d post it here as well to make sure everyone knows about the 10 Speed PowerLock recall.
Check your chains ASAP and if need be visit your nearest local SRAM dealer.
– Don’t forget this Thursday at 7:00pm is the Well-Fit CX Roundtable. We’ll be at the Well-Fit Training Center, located at 1700 West Hubbard Street.
Take this survey before the event to be eligible for freebies at the meeting:
The theme of the night is CX is a FUN way to stay in shape and anyone can do it. The discussion should last about 30 minutes with a Q&A/meet and greet after. There will also be some food and drinks at the event!
– The season kicks off with Jackson Park in just over a month and we know some of you have already started building up you new (or perhaps just rebuilding old) CX rigs. If you have pix or vids to share please send them to [email protected] and we’ll add them to the CCC gallery.
– The summer road season is winding down and we’ve heard rumors of CX practices starting up all throughout the city and suburbs. If you’d like some company and competition, send your date(s) and location(s) to [email protected] and we’ll let everyone know where the mid-week action is.
– The CCC is still looking for series sponsors. If you or someone you know would like to be a sponsor please get in touch with us offline.
– Do you have any ideas on how to make the CCC better this year? If so, please leave us a comment below. We want to make 2009 the best year yet and need your feedback!
Here’s a nice video of the Northbrook CX race from last year. It was cold that day (I think it snowed at one point) but what a great course… especially in its first year.
We’re still working to get the race back this year but things look iffy at that moment. Stay tuned for more!
The panel will include:
- Jason Knauff, the director of the 2009 Chicago Cyclocross Cup,
- Former cyclocross newbie and 2008 Category 4 Cup champion Eileen Neville,
- Cat 1 cyclocross competitor extrodinaire and coach Ted Ramos,
- The national rep from Javelin Cycles, and
- Someone from Get a Grip to discuss retro-fitting your bike for cyclocross.
The meeting is open to all clubs and teams, and there will be food and beverages.
For more information contact Well-Fit at [email protected].
Want some structure in your training for cross but can not afford a coach? How bout a 3 month email training plan for $150?
Based on the training you having already been doing coach Brian Conant will create for you a 1 time, 3 month training plan with HR or power based workouts.
Contact Brian at [email protected]
Hi all, and welcome to the 2009 Chicago Cyclocross Cup!
The weather has been more cross-like this entire summer so we hope you’re good and ready for plenty of fall weather action. We again tentatively have 10 races lined up for you this year with one major venue change, and possibly 2 others… more on that later.
Please check around the new site and let us know what you think. We’ll be adding and updating the site as we go along this year, so please be patient. If you have experience with web programming and want to help out, please contact us offline at [email protected]
The ChiCrossCup is all about you, the racers… and we’d like to make this site more of a community than just a bunch of dates and locations… so we’ve added commenting ability on certain pages. Please be respectful and realize your comments can be viewed by anyone and everyone. If we find users abusing this functionality those comments will be removed and users will be blocked from future commenting… so keep it clean and friendly… we’re all out there to have a good time!
If you’d like us to link to your blog, flickr/picasa account, or YouTube/Vimeo channel please let us know. We’ll try but we won’t be able to link in everyone and reserve the right to remove any links we don’t find appropriate.
-The Chicago Cross Cup team and promoters