We had a bunch of upgrades in the Cat 4 Women and Cat 4 Men this week that not only effected those categories, but also the Cat 1/2/3 Women and Cat 3 Men. Updated overall standings are here. Series scoring rules are here, and remember,you must upgrade before the 4th race (Carpentersville) to take half your points with you to the next category… otherwise all points earned in the lower category are forfeited.
Also, team standings are now updated here (check out he “Team Overall” tab at the bottom) and The Pony Shop is off to a nice lead with xXx Racing and Verdigris right on their heels. Flatlandia and Burnham Racing round out the top 5. Remember, if we don’t know what team you’re riding for, your points aren’t included in the team standings… so email us if your team name is incorrect or missing!
Finally, please remember online pre-reg closes tonight at midnight for the Dan Ryan Woods race. Save time and money and register now here. Remember you can always see who’s already registered by clicking on the “Confirmed Riders” link in the upper right of each reg page.
Okay, so we know lots of you out there like to blog about your racing in the CCC… and you all are much better with personal stories than we could ever be trying to write boring race summaries. We’ve got rider links to the right (over there–>) of individual racer blogs… but then you have to go that extra step and actually click on them… so here’s an even better idea.
Similar to our amazingly popular post race Pix and Vids posts, starting now (with this post) we’re giving you a soapbox to tell all the world how much fun you had, how you raced, who cut your off, where you think you can improve, how well your equipment worked, how badly you need a new bike, who your favorite podium girl was (wait, there were podium girls?), how many beers you drank afterward, etc, etc, etc. Just post links in the comments section to your blog (or someone else’s blog that mentions you) and everyone will know what’s going on.
As always, we reserve the right to remove spam, foul languaged prose, and general garbage that doesn’t really have anything to do with the CCC… but everyone has done a great job so far of keeping it clean… so have at it.
Here’s a great review of Dekalb from Jonathan Fairman of Team Courage to get you started…
If anyone wants to retroactively post reviews from Jackson Park… you can do so here.
Very, very, very important announcement!
– If you missed our post on Sunday, the CCC schedule is changing starting this week at Dan Ryan Woods. The updated race schedule can also be found on the schedule page. The 40+ & 50+ masters need to be there a little earlier while everyone else starts a little later… but get there early anyway and bring your cowbells!
– We’re happy to announce 3 new sponsors to the CCC series… all of them bike shops.
- Yojimbo’s Garage on Clybourn Ave in the city is back again and supplying CX frames for the free raffle (fill out a raffle ticket at registration at each race).
- MOX Multisport also in the city on Randolph St will be supplying schwag and merchandise prizes for the series.
- Spin Doctor Cyclewerks in Bartlett will be helping out the series with much needed cash to help buy things to put in your way and make you jump over.
The CCC is still looking for series sponsors, so email us at [email protected] if you’d like to be involved.
– The CCC’s newest race in the Dan Ryan Woods takes place this coming Sunday. Beverly Bike-Vee Pak has put together a great course and will have some great food as well. Hopefully the Half Acre crew is recovered from this past weekend’s Dekalb race and shows up so we all have something to drink! ; ) However, please remember to respect the park and its neighbors so we can come back next year.
– Please also remember the Chicago Marathon is happening this weekend. Traffic on the roads is likely to be quite heavy due to detours and such… so please, please give yourselves plenty of time to get to the race… which is on the South Side at Western and 87th. Maps and directions are here.
– Everyone’s favorite new race from last year is back! That’s right, after many, many meetings with the parks district and a boatload of fantastic work by Chris Henning and the Garner Northbrook Cycling Club, the Northbrook venue has finally been approved. The course will be very different from last year, but we’ll at least have the race. Look for more details on the way and online pre-reg to open soon.
Speaking of favorite courses… from everything we’ve heard North Central Cyclery and Half Acre put on a fantastic race in Dekalb’s Hopkins Park this past weekend. Big thanks to everyone who helped put this 2nd year race together that attracted 358 racers! That’s only 40 shy of Jackson Park!
– CCC Overall Standings are posted here. Remember these are overall series standings and NOT placings from one individual race. See how the series is scored here. Team standings will be updated later this week.
– CCC series sponsor CX Magazine is having a race report writing contest. Check it out here.
– Finally… did we mention the race day schedule is changing? Make sure you’re there on time for your race!
Also, for those of you still wondering… we think this photo perfectly captures the essence of what CX is all about! Noise, fun, grass, dirt, rowdiness, running, yelling, screaming, drums (?), sideburns, probably some beer in there… and oh yeah, bikes! We bet this kid is hooked for life.
More photos by Jason Henry here.
You guys know what to do.
Here’s a start from Ed White:
Very, very, very important announcement!
The CCC schedule is changing.
Due to the increase in riders this year (>30% from 2008) the CCC Directors and Promoters have decided to split up the morning races to give riders more space and make it easier for the officials to score. The 40+ race will start alone at 9:30am, the 30+ and 50+ races will start together at 10:30am, and the Women 1/2/3 and Men 3+ will start together at 11:30am (the women starting first). This change will also push all other races back 30 minutes… so the Women 4/Juniors will start at 12:30pm, etc. Please let your friends/family/bikes/pets/drinking buddies/in-laws know and plan accordingly. The updated race schedule can also be found on the schedule page.
A few notes on the change:
- Yes, you read correctly… the Women 1/2/3 are starting in front of the Cat 3’s. The top women are just as fast as the top Cat 3’s and its slightly unfair to make them race through the back of the Cat 3 field. Since the Women’s field is smaller the top Cat 3’s shouldn’t have any trouble working their way through the back of the women’s field. Cat 3’s, please DO NOT line up in front of the women on the start line.
- We decided NOT to make the schedule change at Dekalb since its a little further of a drive and we wanted to let all of you masters get your beauty sleep. ; )
- We realize the schedule change make inconvenience some of you, but no field is changing by more than 30 minutes either way. If this truly messes up your day, please let us know and we’ll work something out.
Well, we weren’t expecting as big of a turnout at Dekalb as Jackson Park, but you all have proved us wrong… on pre-reg at least. The 4As filled up again and a total of 305 of you are scheduled to show up this Sunday. We hope you’re bringing your swords to slay the dragons! Possible rain today and tomorrow should make the course fun, but the forecast is calling for pefect CXweather on Sunday!
Please note we are having a small last minute schedule change. The Women 1/2/3 racers will start after the Cat 3’s and before the Masters 50+ field.
And finally… we think the CCC needs more cowbell. So find one (or really anything that makes a lot of noise), bring it, and use it!
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.
We’ll see you on Sunday.