– We have been asked by the local USAC officials to please make sure your bib number is pinned correctly to your jersey. Imagine someone trying to read the number from the side of the race course… if your number is on the wrong side, on the top of your back, upside down, in your jersey pocket, folded into an origami crane, on your stomach (it happened at Jackson Park!), etc you will not be scored properly. The officials will attempt to identify those on the starting line that need to re-pin their numbers, but please be proactive and do it right the first time.
– CX coach and racer Brian Conant really wants you to race at Dekalb. He even went so far as to send us an email yesterday saying… “I am calling Chicago racers out. You’re not a true cross racer if you can not drive 90min. Tobie/Half Acre have a great event in store with lots of extra’s.” So there you have it… be there or be square. If anyone knows CX its Brian, so if he says to be there… you’ll want to be there.
– Just a reminder that pre-reg for Dekalb/Hopkins Park closes this Thursday evening at midnight. Please update your racer profiles and pre-reg!
– Also remember the “Officially Unofficial IL St CX SingleSpeed Championship” will be held at Dekalb. This race technically isn’t a part of the CCC, but its CX… and how could we say no to Half Acre with a name like that? Full details are on the Half Acre site. Please direct all questions to Half Acre.
– There are a few rumors floating around the CCC race day schedule is changing. The CCC directors and promoters are working on a new schedule to accommodate this year’s increase in racers, but to avoid confusion we won’t be changing anything until after Dekalb… so have fun this weekend, race hard, and check back on Sunday for more details about the schedule at Dan Ryan Woods.
– Congrats on all of the CCC racers who traveled behind the Cheddar Curtain this past weekend for the Planet Bike Cup. Looks like the weather and racing were fantastic! Results are here. Congratulations to all those Chicago area racers who placed well over the weekend including xXx’s Julia Daher who won both women 3/4 races, and Verdigris’ David Lombardo who won Sunday’s Junior boy’s 10-14 race! Please post pix and vids on our earlier post here.
– The CCC still needs officials to help run and score races. Interested in being an official? Please email the IL Technical director and let him know you want to help out. In related news, there may also be a class for road moto refs soon. Please let the IL Technical director know if you are interested.
– That should be all for now… but we’ll likely have more Dekalb and series updates later this week!