– As we mentioned on Tuesday, Psycho Cross After Dark on Friday night is cancelled, but Saturday’s race is still full steam ahead.
– Remember this is a Saturday race and online pre-reg closes TONIGHT (Wednesday).
– Sorry, but there will be NO Kiddie race on Saturday.
– There is road construction at the intersection of Route #12 (Rand Road) and Old McHenry Road, which is about six miles due south of The Golf Farm. You would do well to avoid this intersection if possible as it can bottleneck, even on weekends. You may be able to access Route #12 from Route #176 about four miles north of Old McHenry to avoid this intersection if you are coming from the South and/or East.
– Dogs are allowed at The Golf Farm, but please clean up after your pups and keep them on leash!
– As in the past, the owner of The Golf Farm has asked that you not bring in coolers or grills, as there is a restaurant/bar that sells food and drinks. If you do choose to bring food or beverages, please be discreet.
– First aid will be by registration which will be under the tee box awning.
– Goody bags are available for the first 300+ racers and will be at the registration area.
– Please pick up your payouts. The PsychoCX race director will not track you down and will not be at any of the other races in the series. This generally goes for other races in the series as well. If you do not pick up your payouts on race day they will be donated to charity unless you make immediate arrangements with the promoter.
– As with any race in the Series, if any spectators, other teams, shops, etc. would lend a hand at break down time, we would greatly appreciate it as it is crucial that we tear down the course, stage things, and get the trailer loaded in an efficient manner, so Sunday’s race promoter has everything they need to get to Carpenter Park and perform their magic.
– The course: Sorry, WordPress and the new GoogleMaps Engine still won’t play nice together. See here.
– Back again for another year race promoter Ted Schweitzer returns with Verdigris Village CX to host stop #4 of the CCC with their Psycho Cross race in Wauconda at the Golf Farm. The race also has a website at: www.psychocrosschicago.com. Pre-reg closes tonight at midnight on BikeReg.com.
– Speaking of night time… Ted also brings back his night race this year on Friday. The Friday Night Race is not part of the CCC series (so no points to gain or lose), but will surely be fun for those of you looking to get in a little more racing. The course will be lit, but please bring your own lights. Camping spaces are available for $10.00 per person. Online pre-reg is on BikeReg here and additional details can be found here on the PsychoCross website. Just a few of the things happening Friday night…
- Goody bags for all entrants
- Announcing by Verdigris-Village CX Team Boss-Man, Vincenzo Boyer
- Alternative race means you can use any bike, think: tandems, recumbents, fat-tire bikes, Sting Rays, fat-tire recumbents, etc.
- Special prizes for the man, woman, and junior with the brightest lights on their bikes (the most lumens, not the most amount of individual lights)
- New for 2012, racing through a nighttime sand pit
- Disco ball, DJ, smoke machine, and bubble machine for the night creatures
- There is a bar and a restaurant on the premises of The Golf Farm
- The “Bridge of Sighs” flyover returns – complete with Christmas lights – for it’s third showing
- Swag/prizes/ primes from: Uvex (helmets and glasses), Clement Cycling (tires), SockGuy (guess?), Cateye (computers and lights) Profile Design (handlebars and stuff); BaileyWorks (messenger bags), Paceline Products (t-shirts, beer cozies, Chamois Butt’r), Krieg Cycling (seat bags), SRAM (hats and shirts), Gore BikeWear (socks and glove), Knog (lights) and more
- Dogs welcome
- Discounted rate on rooms at the Holiday Inn Express at: 197 South Rand Road in Lake Zurich, Illinois 60047. (847) 726-7500. Great place to stay if someone if racing Psycho Cross After Dark and then Psycho Cross 2012, and then also racing Carpenter Park in Carpentersville, as the Holiday Inn is roughly between The Golf Farm, where Psycho Cross is being held and Carpentersville.
– Speaking of more CX racings… on Sunday the CCC travels just down the road to Carpentersville. See the preview for Sunday’s race tomorrow. Online pre-reg on BikeReg.com closes for Carpentersville tomorrow (Thursday) at midnight.
– Travel Times: There is
often road construction and occasional major traffic backups in the vicinity of Route #12 (Rand Road) and Old McHenry road , as well as other construction in the area: Route #12 (Rand Road) south of Rt. #22 in Lake Zurich, Midlothian Road in Hawthorn Woods, and Lake Cook Road in Deerfield. Please plan accordingly as registration for each race closes 30 minutes prior to the start of each race.
Per the owner of The Golf Farm, please leave your beer coolers and/or grills at home. This is private land and there is a restaurant/bar, so we have to play by the owner’s rules. The main parking will be on the South side of the course. Limited parking is available next to the restaurant/bar.
– The Gold Farm is a full service facility with a bar, restaurant, and of course bathrooms. Please use them all.
– Weather looks full on CX so please dress accordingly and bring a change or changes of warm, dry clothes.
– Masters 50+ pre-registration is a little lite so we have opened up a few more Single Speed slots.
– The Course: There isn’t a terrible amount of terrain to speak of but Ted and the Verdigris Village CX crew have been very creative in designing a fast power course with all the trimmings including grass, sand, dirt, gravel, mulch, twists, turns, straightaways, did we mention sand, and of course the flyover.