– Thanks again to everyone who raced in the mud last Saturday at Afterglow and for donating a ton (literally) of food. This enormous show of generosity is a perfect example of how great our Chicagoland CX community has become. The weather was the worst (or best depending on your point of view) of the year but ROBOTS <3 and the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew handled it all in style. The coffee was great too.
– Well, if you like racing on a 3 hole golf course with astroturf, you’ll love racing on a 36 hole golf course complete with a pro shop, bar, restaurant, pool, bar, hotel, spa, did we mention a bar?, and of course… a hot tub. The CCC’s New Years Resolution is back at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort 1/5/13 and 1/6/13. A certain former national champion and current energy drink drinker will be there, as well as a rad dude with lots of tatoos, plus a lot of other really fast guys and gals. Come test your pre-Nationals legs and have some fun too. See the NYR page for more details. We still need volunteers though so please help out and race for free.
– This past Sunday the CCC was at EJ’s Place in Skokie and handed out a few overall series winner cowbells (as well as a bunch of schwag). We also presented our season long donation to World Bicycle Relief to the tune of $2,200. We think that’s pretty awesome, so thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who donated throughout the season! Also, since the ‘send David Lombardo to Euro Cross Camp‘ fund reached its goal of $5k and went well over, Verdigris-Village CX team captain Tim Boundy made a $900 donation back to the CCC for a future CCC junior development fund. Stay tuned for details! David leaves for ECC tomorrow (Wednesday) and we all wish him the best of luck racing in Belgium!
– Series Sponsor Update from the desk of Morning Bird Studio: We’re fired up for the New Year, Hope you are too! The Bird has a ton going on in January with new workshops and the continuation of the Engine Building “off bike” throwdown series. It’s truly time to start thinking about your 2013 goals and the best way to get faster on the bike is to be the best version of yourself off the bike. This year, the class size is smaller for a better experience with an improved student teacher ratio. You will develop solid technique with more personal attention, With the goal of getting really strong, becoming more mobile and most importantly, to stay healthy all year round’. EB101 2011/12 Alumni have claimed multiple state championships, a hoard of victories and even more podiums. Lets get after it 2013!! Engine Building 201 will start Saturday January 26 and run for 8 consecutive weeks, at a cost of 240.00. Space is limited, so please register soon! Link to reg.
– If we don’t see you this week… and we likely won’t since there is no CX racing in Chicagoland for 2 weeks (gasp!?!?), have a great holiday season! If you’re riding (and you likely will since the weather is balmy) be safe and make sure to thank your family for allowing you to play bikes with us all during this past CX season. We’ll see you all at NYR!
– And finally… we can’t believe we’re linking to this.