Tuesday CCC Updates
– Big thanks again to Rob Curtis, Dr. Kearns and the entire Enzo’s–Psimet team for hosting Sunday’s PSI-clocross For Life race in Woodstock. The sky’s threatened all day long, but the Cat 4B’s wound up finishing in the sun. We are now deep into the season and the leaders of the overall standings continue to change hands. We are very excited to see this level of competition and look forward to the next few weeks to see what happens.
– This coming weekend the CCC heads West to the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort (ILR) as the South Chicago Wheelmen (SCW) host stops 9 and 10 of the series and the CCC’s 2nd of two double weekends. There’s lots going on at ILR and MsChiCrossCup will even be in attendance. See the SCW’s site for details and stop back here on Thursday for the usual course preview. But until then a few things:
- Discounted room rates for up to 4 people… $82/night (use group code CCC)
- All you can eat buffets for $13.95 at the Masters Clubhouse
- Pool AND hot tub
- Party at ‘The Cave’ bar w/ the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew… $3 Fat Tire Ales… see here
- Roll out of your bed and onto the course
- Psimet wheel raffle to benefit the SCW junior development program
- SRAM neutral support & bike wash
- Did we mention there is a pool and hot tub?
– Please note that due to the Saturday race online pre-reg for ILR closes Wednesday evening. Don’t miss out. Do it now.
– Speaking of ILR, registration is open for the CCC’s New Year’s Resolution which will take place at ILR. All the details you seek are here. We still need a few volunteers to help us put on the event. If you offered to help but didn’t receive an email from us this morning then somehow we lost your original email. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
– Reg is also open for the Norge Ski Hill CX here.
– OMG so many reg sites… tickets will be on sale soon for the CCC’s End of the Season Awards Dinner to be held again at EJ’s Place in Skokie. With so much racing going on from New Year’s to Nationals to Masters CX Worlds we moved the date up to Sunday December 18th (the day after Afterglow) so everyone can make it and not have to miss a race or training ride. Cowbells will be ringing so we hope to see you all there!!
– Just a reminder that you can NOT simply give or take someone else’s bib number at any race in any category. Yes, the Cat 4B’s are fun, but if you want to race we need to know who YOU are… not who the bib number originally belonged to. We’d be happy to switch you at the reg desk, but our insurance coverage mandates that only the person issued the bib number and who signed the release form can be on the race course. We know that sounds like a bunch of suits talking mumbo-jumbo, but there are rules we all have to play by to stay safe. Thanks for understand… do you smell bacon?
– And finally… Its November and the temps will surely start falling, perhaps with some precipitation… Got Bogs?