2011 Indian Lakes Resort Preview
– Back for their 3rd year at the golf course… Steve Feehery, Mike Kelly, and the rest of the South Chicago Wheelmen host this weekend’s double race weekend at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort. Besides a great course and loverly surroundings, some of the other amenities ILR offers include an indoor heated pool (bring your suit), an indoor locker room (change in the warmth and/or take a shower after your race), a spa including steam room, jacuzzi, restaurant, and of course… the Cave Bar.
– As we mentioned on Tuesday, the SCW have secured discounted hotel room rates of $82 per night for up to 4 people. There are still rooms available for this weekend, so call now. For reservations call 630.529.0200 and for general info visit IndianLakesResort.com. ILR will have a breakfast buffet from 6:30 am to 11 am and an all-you-can-eat lunch/dinner buffet from 11 am til 6:30 pm, both for just $13.95 per person Saturday & Sunday.
– The other CCC (Chicago Cuttin’ Crew) will continue where they left off last year (and the year before that) and host the Cave Bash 2011 party in the ILR Cave Bar (in the middle of the hotel… you can’t miss it). The party starts Friday night and (for those who can hang) will continue Saturday night. New Belgium Brewery will also be at the race again selling $3 Fat Tire Ales.
– Being a double weekend you might want to make sure you save some for Sunday since the SCW have put up a $6,600 prize list over the two days, which is quite a bit more than the CCC minimum payout schedule. All categories payout deeper than the standard 5 places… so make sure you pick up your winnings!
– SCW will be raffling a set of Psimet Wheels to benefit their junior development program
– Unfortunately CarboRocket will NOT be on hand w/ free coffee and drink mix, but the Master’s Clubhouse bar/restaurant is steps from the course.
– Tipping Point Photography will be shooting all weekend and will also have Gift Certificates for all your holiday gift giving needs.
– Please see CCC staff to pick up your CCC custom 2011 t-shirts, socks, and embro. We’d love for you to take you stuff home!
– Due to the Saturday race online pre-reg has already closed (we told you on Tuesday). All fields are still open however and you can reg on Saturday and/or Sunday if you missed out.
– Dogs are allowed on ILR and even into the hotel rooms for a one time $50 fee.
– Remember to pick up your Sunday bib number on Sunday. You will have a different number both days for each race and you will NOT be scored on Sunday if you wear your number from Saturday.
– Numbers go on your left both days.
– Lost & Found will be in a bag near registration.
– Given current temps in the 30’s and 40’s Saturday’s sun and 50 degrees looks delightful. However, there’s a chance of rain in the forecast for Sunday. Given the amount of rain we’ve had already this season we wouldn’t be surprised if the heavens open up.
- Registration will be inside next to the pro-shop. We’ll have a bike rack outside (hint: use that instead of the golf bag racks or laying your bike on the ground).
– Podium presentations will take place immediately following each race except the Women 4 and Juniors races. In order to give our USAC officials enough time to correctly tabulate the results we will present the Women 4 and Junior podiums at 1:50pm.
– The ILR staff has asked us to stay off the putting greens. Please don’t make us have to remind you.
– The equipment pit will be staffed by SRAM Neutral Support all weekend long… and not far away from the Start/Finish line.
The Course: We’re racing on a golf course… what more could you ask for? That being said the SCW will include most if not all of the ILR classic sections including the main hill, sand traps, and more than a few fairways, roughs, 2nd roughs, twists, and turns. SCW may has even included some elements of the New Year’s Resolution course. Bacon Alley will surely be back as well. SCW should have the course set up by Friday afternoon if you’d like to pre-ride. The map below is tentative and the course will likely be a bit different by this weekend. Course runs clockwise.