– Congratulations to everyone who raced at stop two of the 2012 CCC in Hopkins Park. Thanks also to our hosts North Central Cyclery, Axletree, Half Acre Cycling, and Robots Powered by Love. We understand there are a few results errors and we will have them corrected before the end of the week.
– Next up the CCC travels back to the South Side of Chicago for stop 3 in Dan Ryan Woods. Full preview on Thursday.
– If you want even more cycling goodness (and beer), the Illinois Cycling Association (ICA) hosts the 2012 ICA Banquest Saturday night at Goose Island Brewery. Full details and tickets are available here on BikeReg.
– Two quick notes on CX rules and proper etiquette…
1. While racing you are NOT allowed to exchange equipment (wheels, bikes) with anyone (teammates or otherwise) while on course. This violates two USAC rules:
5B1. Wheels or bicycles may only be changed in an official equipment pit
5C4. The exchanging of wheels or bicycles between riders shall be forbidden.
You may have team wheels or bikes that any teammate can use in the equipment pit, but the exchange MUST occur in the equipment pit (i.e. NOT on course).
2. Everyone wants to race CX and to fit everyone in while we have daylight we have to combine a few categories in the same starting times. This setup is not always ideal given varying fitness and skill levels, but it gives everyone a chance to race. Sooo… if another rider in a different category is trying to pass you (or lapping you), please do the respectable thing and let them pass you when it is safe to do so. These riders are NOT affecting your placings. If you are unsure how this works, read this. That being said, when passing another rider (whether they are in your category or not) it is NEVER okay to chop their wheel and cut them off. We realize accidents happen, but if you do such a thing on purpose it is poor sportsmanship and could get you DQ’d or suspended. Everyone on the same page here? Good… now lets race and have fun!!!
Series Sponsor time!
When you’re on the North shore of Chicago there’s only one place to have a great dinner… EJ’s Place in Skokie. Established in 1997 EJ’s menu consists of prime aged steaks and chops, pristine seafood, and traditional Italian specialties. There is an actual EJ and he rides his bike all time. He’s even been know to do a few CX races. More than anything else EJ continues to support the local cycling community, especially Juniors, just as he’s done for many, many years. He also lets us host our end of the season awards party at the restaurant. Thanks EJ!
One of our new sponsor for 2012 NovaCare Rehabilitation is a full service rehabilitation provider with clinics throughout Chicago and the suburbs. Specializing in physical therapy and sports medicine treating sports injuries, orthopedic injuries and post surgical conditions NovaCare also has specialty services such as bike fits, video gait and running analysis, as well as Active Release Techniques (ART) and Graston. When you visit NovaCare to get fixed, make sure to mention you heard about them from the Chicago Cyclocross Cup!
Back for for another year Mad Alchemy has a full line of all natural body care products hand-made in small batches to ensure the highest quality product available. All the ingredients in Mad Alchemy Embrocation are from the earth, pure and simple. The Women 4 and Cat 4A fields will once again be racing for Mad Alchemy First Lap Hot Leg Sprints where the winner goes home with a tub of delightful Mad Alchemy Embrocation.
And finally… this!