2012 Indian Lakes Resort Preview
– Back for their 4th year at the ILR golf course… Steve Feehery, Mike Kelly, and the rest of the South Chicago Wheelmen host this weekend’s double race weekend at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort. Besides a great course and loverly surroundings, some of the other amenities ILR offers include an indoor heated pool (bring your suit), an indoor locker room (change in the warmth and/or take a shower after your race), a spa including steam room, jacuzzi, restaurant, and of course… the Cave Bar.
– As we mentioned on Tuesday, the SCW have secured discounted hotel room rates of $85 per night for up to 4 people. There are still a few rooms available for this weekend, so call now. For reservations call 630.529.0200 and for general info visit IndianLakesResort.com. ILR will have a breakfast buffet from 6:30 am to 11 am and an all-you-can-eat lunch/dinner buffet from 11 am til 6:30 pm, both for just $13.95 per person Saturday & Sunday.
– Due to the Saturday race online pre-reg closes TONIGHT for BOTH DAYS (we told you yesterday). All fields are still open for Saturday, however the SS and Jr 10-14’s have sold out for Sunday. Usual waitlist protocol applies. Sorry, you cannot get on Sunday’s waitlist on Saturday.
– Activator Cycle Club will be out on Sunday (sorry, not Saturday, but Sunday has a better weather forecast anyway) for their 5th Kiddie CX event around 1:45pm.
– The other CCC (Chicago Cuttin’ Crew) will likely be partying in the ILR Cave Bar (in the middle of the hotel… you can’t miss it). The party starts either Friday night and/or (for those who can hang) will continue Saturday night. $3 Pacificos!
– NovaCare will once again have physical therapists on hand at Saturday’s race providing free injury screens and stretching. It has been a long season, come get that painful knee, aching back or any other ache or pain checked out. Look for the green NovaCare tent from 10 – 1:30. Or stop by for a complimentary energy bar, post-race snack or for information on our bike fits.
– If you’re hungry or thirsty the Master’s Clubhouse bar/restaurant is steps from the course.
– Please see CCC staff to pick up your 2012 CCC series t-shirts, socks, coffee mugs and embro. We’d love for you to take you stuff home!
– Dogs are allowed on ILR and even into the hotel rooms for a one time $50 fee.
– Remember to pick up your Sunday bib number on Sunday. You will have a different number both days for each race and you will NOT be scored on Sunday if you wear your number from Saturday.
– Numbers go on your left both days.
– Lost & Found will be in several white plastic bags near registration.
– Jim Nowak still has a few payouts from ABD Sunrise Park. He will be at ILR both days at the ABD (Prairie Path Cycles/Trek) tent when not racing after 10:30am. Ask for Jim or Sue Witt. She will have the payouts for the old dudes Sunday morning. These payouts will be donated to the WBR fund if they are not claimed by Melas CX – Basin Racin’.
– There’s a 20% chance of rain in the forecast for Saturday but temps are supposed to be warm (mid to upper 50’s) all weekend long. That being said the ILR venue is ALWAYS WINDY so please come prepared. If you’re bringing a pop-up tent, make sure you have stakes, sandbags, weights, small children, etc to keep your tent from blowing away.
– Registration will be inside next to the pro-shop. We’ll have a bike rack outside (hint: use that instead of the golf bag racks or laying your bike on the ground). Yes, given the pleasant temps there will likely be golfers on the ILR other courses.
– Podium presentations will take place immediately following each race except where noted in the schedule (W123, 50+, 60+, SS, W4, Jr 15-18, & Jr 10-14).
– The ILR staff has asked us to stay off the putting greens and please DO NOT warm up on the fairways. Please don’t make us have to remind you.
– The equipment pit will be staffed by SRAM Neutral Support all weekend long… and not far away from the Start/Finish line.
The Course: We’re racing on a golf course… what more could you ask for? That being said the SCW will include most if not all of the ILR classic sections including the main hill, sand traps, and more than a few fairways, roughs, 2nd roughs, twists, and turns. SCW may has even included some elements of the New Year’s Resolution course. Bacon Alley will surely be back as well. SCW should have the course set up by Friday afternoon if you’d like to pre-ride. The map below is tentative and the course will likely be a bit different by this weekend. Course runs clockwise.